Stockport County v City 28 July

ChrisNUFC said:
All this animosity between City & County makes me very sad. Could anyone (briefly) sum up what’s caused it?

Used go watch County all the time (me mam used play for the ladies team so got free tickets) and have recently taken my little lad to his first football game there as he is a bit too young for a ‘big’ game.

Reading through the thread seems they gave you a bit of stick when they were in the ascendancy but when I was last there (last home game so May sometime) didn’t hear any anti City chants if that helps?

It was more than banter mate it was pure hatred of City. I've been to all the recent games at Edgeley Park, the first one we were sat in a pub opposite Debenhams in the centre (I was only about 16 at time) and these group of nutters kept on staring at us. One came over and asked where we were from, when we said Withington he said "You're OK then." and proceeded to give us a piece of paper they were handing round basically saying they were going to kill any City fans they found from Stockport. There was trouble all the way to the game, we then got humped 4-1 if I remember right.

The delight they took when we got relegated that season, saying they were now the second Manchester team and we were forth or fifth in greater Mcr, as if some shift in power had taken place and all of a sudden C*nty, who couldn’t fill any of their other games, were now some kind of big football club. They were at it all the season after too.

There was then more trouble the season after when we drew 1-1 (Jobson equaliser), me and my dad had to run away from the ground as they were out to get any City fan that day, but going after the dad’s, kids and women.

Two seasons after, when they were rock bottom with Palmer and we were walking the league with Keegan, we managed to lose with two late goals (Goater sent off for hand-ball) and they invaded the pitch! I also got smacked outside the ground by some nob head c*nty fan.

So they can go and rot in hell and the sooner the better, especially as many blues helped keep that club afloat when they used to play games on Fridays

dukiblue said:
http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1341876878.html
Closet rags (and there were loads of them cunts in the stands when they played City in the past), even down to the inevitable classic "wait til the Sheikh gets bored".

dukiblue said:

Wow some venom on there kinda answers my question. Weird cos i still live in Stockport but dont know any County fans so had NO idea. Lost for words after reading that!

dukiblue said:

Haha obsessed? Why because we're talking about a game city are playing in and a past rivalry. If we were all saying "county who" theyd call us arrogant.

Just laugh at the cunts getting less fans than our away support for their home games. Its also funny that we were getting 3 times more at home when they were in the division above us.

mancityvstoke said:
Like when their dickheads attacked The Ash in Reddish because Reddish Blues had meetings there.

Fuck Stockport County.

stockport fan here.

i have been reading all of your comments and they all seem fair, yes we did take great delight when you got relegated but that is because at the time you were our closets rivals and our biggest derby.

nowadays you are far far away from ourselfs. and doing very well for yourselfs. i dont speak for all county fans but i am glad you won the league this year as it is a nice change from them red b*stards winning it all the time. my partners family are all city fans so my opinions of city have changed, but as for comments like the one i have quoted, i do not appreciate.

i know people who were there that day and know exatly what happend. it wasnt us just going up there and attacking a pup because you have meeting there its the fact that some of man citys numptys rang stockports lot and taunted them saying come up here and we will have it with you. the stockport lads who were involved turned it down on more than one occasion until the city lot came down to castle street with bats broken bottles and knifes and threatend any county fan in there way.

so mancityvstoke, dont make us out to be utter w8nkers, because you clearly didnt know the full story.

Interested if anyone has anymore details of what went on at the Ash i used to drink in there when it was owned by Jayne and live close by now but never heard anything about this.

I used to live a stones throw from County and used to go often on Friday nights and City Saturdays when county were in the old fourth div.
However in the early and mid 90s things changed for the worse they seemed to have suddenly picked up a fair amount of bellends supporting them.Obviously it got even nastier because of their "success",relatively,and our decline.

stockportlad said:
mancityvstoke said:
Like when their dickheads attacked The Ash in Reddish because Reddish Blues had meetings there.

Fuck Stockport County.

stockport fan here.

i have been reading all of your comments and they all seem fair, yes we did take great delight when you got relegated but that is because at the time you were our closets rivals and our biggest derby.

nowadays you are far far away from ourselfs. and doing very well for yourselfs. i dont speak for all county fans but i am glad you won the league this year as it is a nice change from them red b*stards winning it all the time. my partners family are all city fans so my opinions of city have changed, but as for comments like the one i have quoted, i do not appreciate.

i know people who were there that day and know exatly what happend. it wasnt us just going up there and attacking a pup because you have meeting there its the fact that some of man citys numptys rang stockports lot and taunted them saying come up here and we will have it with you. the stockport lads who were involved turned it down on more than one occasion until the city lot came down to castle street with bats broken bottles and knifes and threatend any county fan in there way.

so mancityvstoke, dont make us out to be utter w8nkers, because you clearly didnt know the full story.

You are full of shit pal, go speak to the likes of Neil Holland and China and his cronies and get your facts straight. Sooner you go bump the better and from what I hear up at Brooklands that ain't far away !

stockportlad said:
mancityvstoke said:

Fuck Stockport County.

stockport fan here.

Always 2 sides to a story. The time you are talking about was well after i had stopped putting a lot of money over the turnstiles at County. Back in the late 70,s early 80,s myself and quite a few blues used to go and watch Friday nights, it started the weekend off well knowing we were off to Maine Road or on our travels the day after. We even did local aways, Tranmere, Wigan etc and had a good laugh. But then, for some reason, a growing section of County fans joined the scum bandwagon and before we knew it we were amongst your fans slagging City off, knowing full well it was the blue side that put more money through the turnstiles. Hence we said fuck it, your on your own as this new love whim for the rags would never be reciprocated, it never was. So i know from my own experiences it went a lot further back from the times mentioned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.