Stockport County v City 28 July

I posted about a wedding I went to a couple of months back that was full of county fans.

Stuck on a table with the biggest twat you could ever wish to meet.
He thought his football ethos was superior because he was born and bred in Stockport so he supported Stockport.
Hated people in Stockport that supported City and not Stockport.

People pointed out to me on here that a lot of Manchester folk moved to Stockport so that's where the City connection comes from.

He even invited me along to a county game with the rest of his inbred mates.
Politely told him 'I'm from Manchester so I support Manchester City'

tbh I didn't know they had such fanatical fans. Nearly all of them had SCFC Tattoo's and it was all they talked about.

I got out of there sharpish. And I'm not fkn going back

ChrisNUFC said:
All this animosity between City & County makes me very sad. Could anyone (briefly) sum up what’s caused it?

Used go watch County all the time (me mam used play for the ladies team so got free tickets) and have recently taken my little lad to his first football game there as he is a bit too young for a ‘big’ game.

Reading through the thread seems they gave you a bit of stick when they were in the ascendancy but when I was last there (last home game so May sometime) didn’t hear any anti City chants if that helps?

County fans hate us because we have a big following in Stockport. People that don't support Their local club get on my wick a bit too.

M22 WOODHOUSE PARK said:
ChrisNUFC said:
All this animosity between City & County makes me very sad. Could anyone (briefly) sum up what’s caused it?

Used go watch County all the time (me mam used play for the ladies team so got free tickets) and have recently taken my little lad to his first football game there as he is a bit too young for a ‘big’ game.

Reading through the thread seems they gave you a bit of stick when they were in the ascendancy but when I was last there (last home game so May sometime) didn’t hear any anti City chants if that helps?

County fans hate us because we have a big following in Stockport. People that don't support Their local club get on my wick a bit too.

I believe that City's "firm" have battered theirs on many occasions too.

It's local rivalry, no big deal.

M22 WOODHOUSE PARK said:
ChrisNUFC said:

I'm from Stockport ,supported City all my life (older brother and mates taking me to Maine Road), so because County started doing well i should up ship and start supporting them ? they as allway been some dickheads at County, even my first County /City friendly in 1984 some County fans where kick off, I also remember talking to a gang of City lads from Cheadle Hulme that would team up with County boys , apart from a City v County game, then it was City v County ! the mad world of football hooligans ? as for me i hope County do well and get back into the league .

Jesus there's some amateur dramatics on this thread. As someone who has been to every match we played against them, even the friendlies going back as far as I can remember I can safely say I've never seen any trouble, never mind City fans being picked off and attacked. So what they celebrated against us, wouldn't we have done the same in that situation? Do you expect them to not cheer because some City fans used to go and watch them on Friday nights (me included as a kid). Time to move on for some people I think....

True_Blue69 said:
Jesus there's some amateur dramatics on this thread. As someone who has been to every match we played against them, even the friendlies going back as far as I can remember I can safely say I've never seen any trouble, never mind City fans being picked off and attacked. So what they celebrated against us, wouldn't we have done the same in that situation? Do you expect them to not cheer because some City fans used to go and watch them on Friday nights (me included as a kid). Time to move on for some people I think....
Point on True Blue, it's history now, we are in the Champions League, the Champions of England, it's well over time that some moved on !

M22 WOODHOUSE PARK said:
ChrisNUFC said:

RAG ;)

True_Blue69 said:

Disagree pal, i could understand if they just cheered and celebrated beeating a bigger local rival but they were so bitter towards a club and its fans that helped keep them going.

Like i said i dont live too far from stockport, 95% support city or trafford and about 2% support county, with the rest making up other sides from around the country i reckon anyway.

The county fans round my area hate city more than any other teams and slate us on facebook just as much as the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.