stockport county

Ric said:
I take no pleasure from County's current predicament. Those who harbour a grudge because they beat us a few times a while ago should let it go. When a smaller team beat bigger local rivals they're bound to gloat, not sure why people are so affronted by it. That's football for you.
Who is saying they hold a grudge because they beat us a few times?

I think we are left with bitter memories by the way they were too willing to lock arms with the dark forces from Trafford in their mocking of the blue afflicted.

It is very sad to see them where they are now , not !!

peoffrey said:
Harrogate 3 - 1 Stockport
Stockport 0 - 1 Colwyn Bay
Altrincham 3 - 0 Stockport
Workington 1 - 1 Stockport
Stockport 1 - 4 Boston United

What's the league underneath Conference North? I don't know.

Northern Premier League (Premier Division) where the likes of FC Scum, Droylsden, Rushall Olympic, Trafford, Marine and Stocksbridge Park Steels reside. I feel far more sorry for Droylsden who made it to the Conference a few years ago and currently lie in the relegation zone of the NPL.

laserblue said:
peoffrey said:
Harrogate 3 - 1 Stockport
Stockport 0 - 1 Colwyn Bay
Altrincham 3 - 0 Stockport
Workington 1 - 1 Stockport
Stockport 1 - 4 Boston United

What's the league underneath Conference North? I don't know.

Northern Premier League (Premier Division) where the likes of FC Scum, Droylsden, Rushall Olympic, Trafford, Marine and Stocksbridge Park Steels reside. I feel far more sorry for Droylsden who made it to the Conference a few years ago and currently lie in the relegation zone of the NPL.

I'm unaware of Droylsden's circumstances but rising through the leagues quickly isn't sustainable. They need to consolidate otherwise things won't remain steady. It's too much too soon.

At least Stockport's fans haven't got long trips to away matches anymore. That's something.

Ric said:
I take no pleasure from County's current predicament. Those who harbour a grudge because they beat us a few times a while ago should let it go. When a smaller team beat bigger local rivals they're bound to gloat, not sure why people are so affronted by it. That's football for you.

Obviously City (both the club and fans) have given County a helping hand in the past, but did people expect them to be apologetic when they beat us? Given the current disparity between the two clubs, it seems a bit petty to me to still have a grievance.

i think a lot of it stems from when we weren't playing them. It's understandable for them to have their moment after beating a bigger local rival even if we did help them.

but when we weren't/aren't playing them they acted like cocks and want us to lose. the stadium announcer took the piss whilst reading out the scores from the previous day and we'd lost. i have a few people on facebook who are county and after getting back from a derby i noticed they had left comments like "come on utd" and "haha fuck off city" after the rags had scored.

i know it's not all county fans but it's a lot. They seem to have a hatred for us when we used to help them. me, my dad and grandad used to go down when city didn't play but we left at half time when the announcer started taking the piss.

Skashion said:
Ric said:

Fair enough, maybe no one has said that explicitly but it seems like much of the underlying resentment stems from them gloating when they beat us and were doing better than us.

I'm sure though that fans of other clubs were the same at that time and I don't really understand why such hatred is reserved for Stockport County specifically. I can understand why, for a while, some City fans will have enjoyed County's demise but given the relative positions of the two teams now it seems a bit petty to still be gloating.

You can only speak as you find, but the County fans I know certainly have no hatred of City; they prefer us to United. Personally I don't take any pleasure from seeing a Greater Manchester club in the doldrums.

Ric said:

Obviously City (both the club and fans) have given County a helping hand in the past, but did people expect them to be apologetic when they beat us? Given the current disparity between the two clubs, it seems a bit petty to me to still have a grievance.

Nothing to do with results .............it's been explained many times in depth.

Ric said:
Fair enough, maybe no one has said that explicitly but it seems like much of the underlying resentment stems from them gloating when they beat us and were doing better than us.

I'm sure though that fans of other clubs were the same at that time and I don't really understand why such hatred is reserved for Stockport County specifically. I can understand why, for a while, some City fans will have enjoyed County's demise but given the relative positions of the two teams now it seems a bit petty to still be gloating.

You can only speak as you find, but the County fans I know certainly have no hatred of City; they prefer us to United. Personally I don't take any pleasure from seeing a Greater Manchester club in the doldrums.
I think it stems from them enjoying our demise, not them enjoying their 'success'. People have listed plenty of examples, like them cheering when we got relegated when it was announced, City fans attending their games and hearing anti-City songs. In the Football Rivalries survey in 2003, we were listed as their second rival. Pretty much, they don't like us, and they enjoyed watching us suffer. Football's a tribal business and if they enjoy us suffering, we're going to enjoy them suffering.

Ric said:
Skashion said:
Ric said:

would that extend to certain team in red

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.