stockport county

tonea2003 said:
Ric said:
Skashion said:
Who is saying they hold a grudge because they beat us a few times?

Fair enough, maybe no one has said that explicitly but it seems like much of the underlying resentment stems from them gloating when they beat us and were doing better than us.

I'm sure though that fans of other clubs were the same at that time and I don't really understand why such hatred is reserved for Stockport County specifically. I can understand why, for a while, some City fans will have enjoyed County's demise but given the relative positions of the two teams now it seems a bit petty to still be gloating.

You can only speak as you find, but the County fans I know certainly have no hatred of City; they prefer us to United. Personally I don't take any pleasure from seeing a Greater Manchester club in the doldrums.

would that extend to certain team in red
I was thinking that. Something fishy about that poster.

Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
tonea2003 said:
would that extend to certain team in red
I was thinking that. Something fishy about that poster.
I think it's because Ric is such a massive blue that he regards them as a London side.
He can't be that much of a massive blue if he couldn't even beat a middle-class JCL in a quiz about City.

Ha, obviously that doesn't extend to United. I assumed that was a given.

tonea2003 said:
Ric said:
Ha, obviously that doesn't extend to United. I assumed that was a given.

say what you mean ric you know what we are like on here :-)

It was a schoolboy error. In my defence I'd had a few.

I know a lot of County's lads; Plum, the Charnocks, Neil H, Tony Smith, Boiky, Lee Renshaw, Turner, Mully..........I know that Tony has a soft spot for City, the others mentioned however, deffo do not. As a Stockport lad myself, I have to say, I'm saddened by their demise. Fook's sake lads, you can't blame fans of club or hating their nearest rivals. They were once on a par with us and even beat us on our own patch. Thank fook that's behind us.
In all honesty, RESPECT to them fans that have stuck by them and would never consider going anywhere else. HATS OFF!

hallstreetblue said:
I know a lot of County's lads; Plum, the Charnocks, Neil H, Tony Smith, Boiky, Lee Renshaw, Turner, Mully..........I know that Tony has a soft spot for City, the others mentioned however, deffo do not. As a Stockport lad myself, I have to say, I'm saddened by their demise. Fook's sake lads, you can't blame fans of club or hating their nearest rivals. They were once on a par with us and even beat us on our own patch. Thank fook that's behind us.
In all honesty, RESPECT to them fans that have stuck by them and would never consider going anywhere else. HATS OFF!
Or Hatters off, rather.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.