Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

surrounded by idiots said:
I used to go out with a girl from stoke, she was rather hairy

Superb

Didn't Blobbie Williams get famous by pretending to be from Manchester? Take that! Having said that, his choice of team is rather superior to most Sjokies.

gingerthai said:
Take it you mean this:

"How long before the journo's get hold of the obvious differences between the two clubs in the final?

Stoke: owned in the traditional way by a local Stoke-born man. British manager, mainly British (or Irish/West Indian/Scandinavian, which is kind of traditional) players. Emphasises teamwork and the group mentality to overcome any shortcomings in individual talent.

Citeh: owned by Arab money with no real grounding in the British game. 'Fancy Dan' foreign manager who keeps looking over his shoulder should he fail to win a trophy. Petulant group of big money, individually talented mercenaries who don't understand teamwork.

I'm not biased, but it's bloody obvious."

Cant wait till our so called "mercenaries" show them what teamwork is all about.
What more do you expect from one of the few inbred cities in Britain which actually elected the BNP into positions of public office?

I have a lot of time for Pulis and what he has done at Stoke. Very hard to play against let alone beat and at times do play some nice football.

The fans on the other hand are a bunch of inbreed buffoons.

BimboBob said:
I have a lot of time for Pulis and what he has done at Stoke. Very hard to play against let alone beat and at times do play some nice football.

Question is will we see any nice football from them in the final, or will they use negative spoiling tatics and try and kick lumps out of us?

Soulboy, think you hit a nerve with your comment on this thread. lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=158365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... ead=158365</a>

avoidconfusion said:
@MCFC BOB

I can understand where you are coming from but please consider:

1. This will be the FA Cup Final. If we play against Stoke like we did against United in the 2nd half in the Semi we should have no problem.

2. This will not be at the Britannia

No - he is just being a twat as per.

Stoke are basically the reincarnation of the Gillingham team Pulis played against us with in 99. Namely, they hoof the ball forward with long balls, corners and set pieces for big men to latch onto. Thats exactly how Gillingham played in 99, and our guys really couldn't handle it for most of the game. I was there in 99, and remember being shocked at how under the kosh we looked. Lets not forget that tactic had us beat until injury time. Stoke will do exactly the same. City only need to be able to do one thing...

Defend well from crosses, set pieces and corners. If they do that, Stoke's chances will be dramatically reduced. I mean goodness sake, £200 million on a team and you should be able to defend from high balls.

As for Delap's long throws, they are childishly simple to defend from. When he throws it in, all the defenders are watching the ball. Forget that, focus on the big men they have milling about in the box waiting for the delivery.

dref619 said:
from the sounds of the highlights on itv, they're fans weren't that loud for the majority of the game today. few loud choruses of delilah, but we were pretty loud for the whole game i thought. great performance though

Same view on Talk Sport yesterday. I think it was Brazil ( my head was still in bits on the train home) through gritted teeth he said City were in fantastic voice and even, genuinely, questioned if the ticket allocation was equal.

gingerthai said:
BimboBob said:

Question is will we see any nice football from them in the final, or will they use negative spoiling tatics and try and kick lumps out of us?

Soulboy, think you hit a nerve with your comment on this thread. lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=158365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... ead=158365</a>

Stoke in general like to play physically, in the air. Having said that, Pennant is quite skillful.

Does anyone else think that Stoke have the upper hand? They're going into this game with nothing to lose, and their Premier League status will be more or less secure for another season by the time this game comes around. Our Champions League place certainly will not, and Mancini and the players will have an eye on the league fixture on the Tuesday after the final.

I know Stoke were fortunate to come up against a catastrophically poor Bolton side yesterday, who offered nothing in 90 minutes other than two wayward shots and some poor excuses for 'defending', along with a goalkeeper in a rapid decline from what he was, but Walters, Jones and Delap's long throw-ins will really test Kompany. Let's hope we practise with Richards taking long throws so that we know how to defend them for when we're facing the likes of Huth. They play an ugly style of football that reminds me of rugby - going for lineouts and throwing it in to the big men - but they have some players that are good on the ground (Pennant, Jones, Whelan). It's an effective formation that Pulis has slowly gathered together and it's working well for them. Their league position at the moment suggests that they've struggled, and is mainly the reason why a lot of City fans think that we will beat them when it comes to it. But Stoke are our bogey team of late, and a team we always struggle against.

Stoke showed yesterday that they can score without Delap's throw-ins. I don't think the throw-ins will be as much of a threat as they usually are on a pitch the size of Wembley's, but - unlike they were arguing on Oatcake (I think they just grabbed the wrong end of the stick) - that is the only thing that will limit their attacks, which is why we should be wary of their strikers in open play, but they're a huge team in terms of height and muscle and will offer a stern test - a test I don't think we'll overcome.

Also, it is extremely unlikely that Stoke will be at this stage again in the forseeable future (no disrespect to any Stoke fans reading this) so they will give it everything they've got. I think we'll lose the final, but batter them in the league 4 days later. However if Stoke are still hovering precariously above the relegation zone, the game may swing in our favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.