Stoke (merged)

Re: Stoke Fans - Forum

skillman said:
OnlyOneUweRosler said:
I agree with an earlier poster who said we need to consider and compare Stoke's motivation and City's

City are now a team that are always pushing at the top end of the table. We got to the semi-finals of the league cup last season, and are in the final of the FA cup this season. We also don't do too bad in Europe. Bottom line? City are a force, and on an ongoing basis are going to be challenging for and winning trophies for seasons to come. City's players know this.

By contrast look at Stoke. Their squad is full of journeymen average players, who know this is the best chance they will have in their careers to win anything. As a club, Stoke will never challenge for honours on an onging basis, this is their moment of truth. Thus, they will treat this game differently.

And our players won't be thinking this is their moment of truth, some of them in their first season with us, to make some history at a club that hasn't won anything for 35 years? Bollocks, the motivation, in my opinion, is in our favour.

I don't doubt for a second our guys will have a strong motivation too.

skillman said:
OnlyOneUweRosler said:
I agree with an earlier poster who said we need to consider and compare Stoke's motivation and City's

City are now a team that are always pushing at the top end of the table. We got to the semi-finals of the league cup last season, and are in the final of the FA cup this season. We also don't do too bad in Europe. Bottom line? City are a force, and on an ongoing basis are going to be challenging for and winning trophies for seasons to come. City's players know this.

By contrast look at Stoke. Their squad is full of journeymen average players, who know this is the best chance they will have in their careers to win anything. As a club, Stoke will never challenge for honours on an onging basis, this is their moment of truth. Thus, they will treat this game differently.

And our players won't be thinking this is their moment of truth, some of them in their first season with us, to make some history at a club that hasn't won anything for 35 years? Bollocks, the motivation, in my opinion, is in our favour.
Correct!!

OnlyOneUweRosler said:

Couldn't disagree more. Mancini and the players know how important this is for the fans. Most of our players came to us specifically to win things. To suggest Stoke will be somehow more motivated is frankly ridiculous.

gingerthai said:
BimboBob said:
I have a lot of time for Pulis and what he has done at Stoke. Very hard to play against let alone beat and at times do play some nice football.

The fans on the other hand are a bunch of inbreed buffoons.

Question is will we see any nice football from them in the final, or will they use negative spoiling tatics and try and kick lumps out of us?

Soulboy, think you hit a nerve with your comment on this thread. lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=158365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... ead=158365</a>

Hilarious reading, that.
In terms of sentimental, unrealistically nostaligic, 'holier than thou' piousness, tinged with the knowledge that for some Oatcake members, it is is clearly a struggle to prevent outright racist hatred of our owners from making the journey from mind to keyboard, they are worse than Everton fans.
I particularly love their hypocritical canonisation of their chairman Peter Coates.
I agree he's a decent fella, I've met the bloke more than once, going back 20 years or so.
So I wonder how many of those writing on there were among the mob who used to terrorise and spit on his family, including his wife and daughter, at the Victoria Ground when they wanted him out in his first spell at the club?
Or who did the windows of his house behind Sandbach services?
Or who celebrated when 'local man with his love of the club' Mr Coates was ousted by the mob and sold his stake to "rich" foreign owners from Iceland, wasn't it?
So foreign owners are okay as long as they're white? Even if they turn out to be charlatans?
Is that how it works in this desperate, rancid BNP stronghold?
Hypocritical, two-faced gimps and part timers who suddenly crawled out of the woodwork when they got promoted.
They're Stoke. They're a fucking joke.

Guys, Stoke fan in peace here. Looking forward to the final should be a good occasion and hopefully will pass without incident off the pitch. Think the negativity towards the club and the city are a bit OTT to be honest, typical northern working class town not got to win any awards for aesthetics but hey ho.

Every club has their idiots and we have more than most but the image of the club is definitely changing.

Living in Manchester you always get my support when playing ManUre and I honestly think we have more of a chance against City as we generally give a good account of ourselves.

We'll take the FA Cup and you can have 4th place on your way to Champions League domination and everyone's happy............. :-)

Both teams will have big motivation for the game , we want to win that first trophy and they want to win their first FA cup. Both managers will want it , Mancini for his job and to show his success and Pulis for revenge on us for doing him over in 99. Both sets of fans will be fantastic as they were in the semi finals but on our day we can beat anyone. We beat the rags which was a fantastic game and a hard one , this game despite the opposition will be harder. They are physical and don't like the ball to be on the ground and for me it is a travesty they are in our league and the final because their are teams in the championship who play football and deserve it more than them. Fair play to them in getting where they have done , to go from the championship to a comfortable premier league team is a good achievement. This game will be different than usual , it is at wembley , no one has home advantage and Stoke don't have that massive following that outnumbers all away fans at the Britannia . Yesterday they got through because Bolton were poor , their goals were well taken but if Bolton hadn't bottled it , it would have been a lot closer or even a different result. If we get the ball on the ground keep possesion and try to kill the game off as soon as possible and taking our chances we should win. The longer the game goes on and we haven't scored , they will grow in confidence and belief and that is why it would be good for us to get an early goal. I am confident because the lads we have are not only quality , but they are already focused . After the rag game , all of them talked about how they still had to finish the job , they didn't get carried away and hopefully are even more focused and preparedn for the final . If we under estimate stoke , we will lose , if we play like we did on saturday , pressure the ball all over the park and keep it on the floor we will win. The stoke defence is made up of decent defenders , they aren't camel gob and vidic , it is huth and shawcross , we will get a lot more opportunities in this game and our wingers should demolish their fullbacks. If we deal with the aerial threat from them and nullify their wingers , we should win , but it is a one off game where anything can happen. But we , the fans , deserve this trophy . We have stuck around for years waiting for it and now it is our golden opportunity and we can't blow it .

prestwichpotter said:
Guys, Stoke fan in peace here. Looking forward to the final should be a good occasion and hopefully will pass without incident off the pitch. Think the negativity towards the club and the city are a bit OTT to be honest, typical northern working class town not got to win any awards for aesthetics but hey ho.

Every club has their idiots and we have more than most but the image of the club is definitely changing.

Living in Manchester you always get my support when playing ManUre and I honestly think we have more of a chance against City as we generally give a good account of ourselves.

We'll take the FA Cup and you can have 4th place on your way to Champions League domination and everyone's happy............. :-)

i wouldnt worry too much about the stick you're getting on here. its not the opinion of most of us really. we know we have to respect your team , as your style of play has caused us some well document problems in the past.

that being said, if our boys play as well as they did on saturday, i can honestly only see one winner.

SWP's back said:
avoidconfusion said:
@MCFC BOB

I can understand where you are coming from but please consider:

1. This will be the FA Cup Final. If we play against Stoke like we did against United in the 2nd half in the Semi we should have no problem.

2. This will not be at the Britannia

No - he is just being a twat as per.
I wish their wasn't a Code of Conduct.

Fuck it. SWP, you're a fucking tosser. I really, really thought you were alright, and I think you're an intelligent guy but the arrogance you have is astounding. You don't like my opinion and of course that's fine, but you could just say you disgaree instead of calling me a twat.

You're a ****, mate. I don't like that word, but I don't think there's a better word for you in my head. Sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.