Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Cheadle Blue said:
jammy fucking inbred freaks! i hope and prey they go down, the premier league would be a much better place without crap like that in it
And we wonder why people refer to us as 'Bitter Blues' - fucking hell, mate.

Considering we were away at Stoke - where not many big teams will get points this season, where it's hostile, where the fans shout for everything, where not a lot usually goes our way in terms of decisions - we were excellent today. We controlled the direction of the game, made ourselves at home despite the intensity of the atmosphere and should have come away with three goals and a bit of breathing space but for some terrible officiating and a few fortunate bounces.

This shows progress. We were lucky to come away with a point at the Britannia last season, but this season we were unlucky to leave with a point. The team has now spent some time together and it appears to be going well. This can only be a positive thing. In fact, all three players making their debuts played well enough - Garcia the outstanding performer, Maicon looked busy and industrious and Sinclair is showing signs that his pace could be valuable against less organised teams.

We've got a run of winnable league games coming up that we should take maximum points from - Arsenal at home, Fulham away, Sunderland at home, West Brom away, Swansea at home, West Ham away - and if we gather enough momentum we should glide of the curve of the wave up until early December.

Think we may have to get used to rotating players in the next few months and hope that our league form is consistently high. Come April,we'll field our most powerful and trusted 11 for the run in.

Some selections and changes may appear odd in the heat of these types of game but there eez a plan.

Garcia looked like he will fit right in no problem.
Maicon got better as the game went on, definitely better at going forward than he is at defending.
Sinclair looks like he'll be a decent squad player to have, good pace and crosses from him.

Conclusions:

*We played decent.
*Javi Garcia looks really good.
*Scott Sinclair's clearly unfit.
*Maicon showed glimpses of world-class brilliance.
*Balotelli was decent, much better than the old Mario.
*We need Aguero.

Unknown_Genius said:
jimharri said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I would normally be quite satisfied with a point at Stoke, but its a much poorer Stoke team than usual, and considering those two chances we had at the end, I'm a bit underwhelmed. A real plus was Javi Garcia, very good debut, and will only get better. Maicon was hot and cold, but you could see his quality, and I think will be first choice right-back. Sinclair was okay, his passing was good, but he did little overall. Our defending needs to improve.
Seriously?

I think he will. I love Zabaleta, and Richards, but Maicon's attacking abilities, particularly at home, would give him an edge.
I thought a Right Back's primary role was to defend? That being the case, I would go Micah, Zab and Maicon in that order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.