Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

I hope Mancini has a long term plan going with this slow start business. Its like he's deliberately holding back the squad from playing their best from last year with his team selection and his formation. I presume its because he wants to: A) throw off Mourinho B) have a fresh squad for Tuesday

If he brings this same mentality to Madrid I fear it will be a thumping. You could see a degree of contentment in Mancini's face as he walked off the pitch after the match.

That said, Mark Clattenburg is making Chris Foy look like a good Ref. If I had hair, I would have pulled it out by the end of the match. Almost every call he made was complete bullshit.

It`s wrong talk about who is better, Dzeko or Mario, Carlos or Aguero, they are all awesome players otherwise would not be playing for City.
Its strange sub in 90 min with Dzeko, but all players have so much time to show what they know.

Unknown_Genius said:
jimharri said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I would normally be quite satisfied with a point at Stoke, but its a much poorer Stoke team than usual, and considering those two chances we had at the end, I'm a bit underwhelmed. A real plus was Javi Garcia, very good debut, and will only get better. Maicon was hot and cold, but you could see his quality, and I think will be first choice right-back. Sinclair was okay, his passing was good, but he did little overall. Our defending needs to improve.
Seriously?

I think he will. I love Zabaleta, and Richards, but Maicon's attacking abilities, particularly at home, would give him an edge.

OMG, this Maicon is not the same Maicon 3 years ago!!! Zabaleta is a very good player and Richards have better attacking skills.

ForzaMancini said:
jimharri said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I think he will. I love Zabaleta, and Richards, but Maicon's attacking abilities, particularly at home, would give him an edge.
I thought a Right Back's primary role was to defend? That being the case, I would go Micah, Zab and Maicon in that order.

But when we're at home sometimes they don't have to defend that much, same reason Kolarov plays over Clichy sometimes. Maicon is very good getting forward.

I was underwhelmed with Maicon. Ditto Sinclair. Garcia looks a cracking signing though.

Clattenberg should never be allowed to ref any more city games as its so fuckin obvious he doesn't like us,the handball was a fuckin shocking decision.
Every time I see he is in charge I cringe,but same old same old he will be back reffing somewhere next week yet he is completely incompetent.
Mario was getting kicked all over the place today and it's no wonder he gets frustrated.

BillyShears said:
Having just seen it again on French tv I've no fucking idea how handball wasn't given against Crouch. He must've handled it 3 times in the space of five seconds. Appalling decision.

Can always rely on the BBC to call it forthrightly: "Replays show that Crouch made contact with the ball with his hand in the melee". Bit of an understatement. Same way that Henry "made contact with the ball with his hand" against Ireland. Perhaps "Replays show that Crouch very obviously and deliberately manoeuvred the ball with his hand so as to give himself a free shot from 4 yards".

Then again, the headline for our result is: "Garcia rescues point for Man City", rather than the less misleading, more accurate "Stoke desperately cling on for point"

Disclaimer: this is not an agenda post! Just an observation.

What a depressing thread I thought we drew today at an hard away ground. I'd have took a point and we were unlucky in injury time with Garcia and Dzeko.

i must be blinded by dislike for mario now. i thought he was poor, got a few tough decisions of the ref, but i never really thought he looked a threat

sh249 said:
BillyShears said:
Having just seen it again on French tv I've no fucking idea how handball wasn't given against Crouch. He must've handled it 3 times in the space of five seconds. Appalling decision.

Can always rely on the BBC to call it forthrightly: "Replays show that Crouch made contact with the ball with his hand in the melee". Bit of an understatement. Same way that Henry "made contact with the ball with his hand" against Ireland. Perhaps "Replays show that Crouch very obviously and deliberately manoeuvred the ball with his hand so as to give himself a free shot from 4 yards".

Then again, the headline for our result is: "Garcia rescues point for Man City", rather than the less misleading, more accurate "Stoke desperately cling on for point"

Disclaimer: this is not an agenda post! Just an observation.

Comrade Buka said:
andrewmswift said:
Comrade Buka said:
I am sure, Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair were all told before the game that if we get a draw we are lucky. Defeatist bullshit.

this is a bannable comment. no, you're not sure, and that is preposterous to write

Oh, sorry, I forgot to type my comment using the sarcasm font.

I feel bad for people like you, this is the best time in my lifetime to be a blue, yet you let your hatred of Mancini ruin your enjoyment of this great time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.