Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

de niro said:
It was always going to be differcult , stoke are not footballers they are a pub team full of thugs, add to that a bent and sympathetic ref who hates city and we've done well to get a point .

Onwards and upwards.
Stop being soft, man. We were as physical as Stoke were in the game. I think we're the most physical team in the league. And Nzonze was as good as most players in Blue on the day.

One of the good things about the Prem Lg is that different teams play with different styles of play. Stoke have their way and it adds to the overall picture. If everyone played one way like most do in La Liga it would be a bit boring.

A point against Stoke and Clattenburg gets two awkward problems out of the way at the same time.

We didn't play well - I know that because when we start playing well the Stoke fans boo louder.

danburge82 said:
de niro said:
It was always going to be differcult , stoke are not footballers they are a pub team full of thugs, add to that a bent and sympathetic ref who hates city and we've done well to get a point .

Onwards and upwards.
Stop being soft, man. We were as physical as Stoke were in the game. I think we're the most physical team in the league. And Nzonze was as good as most players in Blue on the day.

One of the good things about the Prem Lg is that different teams play with different styles of play. Stoke have their way and it adds to the overall picture. If everyone played one way like most do in La Liga it would be a bit boring.

can't agree with you on this one DB. DN has got it right,being physical is totally different to being a pub team. Stoke are just a long ball pub team. Charlie Adam,Robert Huth are dirty bastards. Nzonze?? Did he have a chance,a shot?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
danburge82 said:
de niro said:

Onwards and upwards.

can't agree with you on this one DB. DN has got it right,being physical is totally different to being a pub team. Stoke are just a long ball pub team. Charlie Adam,Robert Huth are dirty bastards. Nzonze?? Did he have a chance,a shot?
That's like saying "did de Jong have a shot?" in a game he llayed well in. I don't remember him having one but he was neat and tidy with his passing, won a lot of challenges and started off a lot of forward moves for them. He was good and since we were bang average for about 70minutes of the game he stood out for me.

danburge82 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
danburge82 said:

That's like saying "did de Jong have a shot?" in a game he llayed well in. I don't remember him having one but he was neat and tidy with his passing, won a lot of challenges and started off a lot of forward moves for them. He was good and since we were bang average for about 70minutes of the game he stood out for me.

With a bit better finishing we would have been out of sight.
Mario first half when he swivelled and shot over,Tevez shot first half,Yaya oneon one,Nasri shot second half,Garcia Header,Dzeko chance.

Stoke were shite and played there usual spoiling tactics. Glad to have got a point

Just seen the Crouch goal.
I was going to say how on earth was that given. 2 Handballs by him but it was Clattenburg so question answered.

Even if the goal stands, I don't see why the FA cannot retrospectively punish Crouch for cheating, if it can be proved that he did it purposely. Doing nothing only emboldens players to dive and cheat to win the game..

A point at Stoke is never a bad result, there won't be many sides go to The Britannia and get more than that. However, given the number of high quality chances we created, the fact they should have been down to 10 men, and the fact Crouch blatently cheated when he scored their goal, and it's a little disppointing to only have the one point.

owdestokie said:
In peace!! Stoke fan here.

We thought we were excellent today against a very good team. We closed space down for much of the game but had spells like the Alamo.

What some of your guys have to accept is that if we tried to play an open game against you boys we would have been battered.

The thing about MCFC is that not only do you have some excellent players technically they work hard and play with pace.

All the best for Madrid, retain the title and see you at the Brit next season

Sense at last...<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 am --<br /><br />
HOLMSLICE said:
80s Shorts said:
HOLMSLICE said:
care to explain? or else at least provide an answer/debate about how we struggle to break teams down

I put you in 2nd place. I'm sticking up for you.

However, as far struggling to break teams down, please familiarise yourself with the Goals For column for the Champions for last season.

If you're trying to say that it isn't glaringly obvious that at times in the final 3rd of the pitch we look defunct of any attacking strategy then I have to disagree.

Over 12 attempts at goal away at stoke is not a defunct attacking strategy..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.