Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

HOLMSLICE said:
80s Shorts said:
CC1 said:
This comment is so flawed. We do not rely on moments of magic..unless last year they happened in every game to make us top scorers. ANY team would miss Yaya. During ACON last year we had many players missing - check it out

No point in arguing with this fool. Im guessing a yank, used to watching basketball. Oh, hang on... perhaps he should go support stoke.

-- Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:29 am --

HOLMSLICE said:
Fair enough lads. All im saying is that too often we rely on moments of magic, often from Yaya for example. When he was away to the ACON last year we found it extremely difficult breaking teams down, almost as if we were out of ideas, and it ended up costing us points. I would just feel a bit more comfortable if we were showing more of a cutting edge as we are going to find ourselves in the same position this January.

This lack of cutting edge and yaya missing in January saw us winning the fucking league.

more of the same please.

Let me guess, your the team leader in the Mancini can do no wrong brigade? I give up. If you voice an opinion on here that deflects from the majority, you have assholes lining up left right and centre to have a go.

You come on here and say you are a city fan and that may well be true,but you post just like so many outed rag posters. what do you expect.

you were even worse after the last game..

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Weather was great,beer was ok...

City should have won..Just trying to recollect any saves that Hart had to make in the match yesterday and I seriously cannot. With the chances we created we should have won but I am always happy with a point here. Clattenburg was back to his usual cuntish best. I was confused why he took Carlos and Sinclair off unless it is for Tuesday.

Harts distribution was shocking.He certainly needs to improve. Nasri was clearly a passenger but not going to criticise to much. It is early days and we did ok.
Would have been nice to have snatched it with those 2 chances in the dying seconds but it wasn't to be.
Thought that was Mancini, not Clattenburg?

JOKING!!!!!!

;-)

Vic said:
A point against Stoke and Clattenburg gets two awkward problems out of the way at the same time.

We didn't play well - I know that because when we start playing well the Stoke fans boo louder.

Dont they just...how on earth can their players ever wish to play good football if their fans boo opposition teams that do excactly that.

The centre of our defence is not looking as good as last season, and Joe's distribution is getting worse. Maybe with the inclusion of Garcia and Gazbaz coming back we will be able to strengthen the spine of the team and keep a clean sheet. Once the defence is more settled maybe Yaya will be released more to terrify other teams.

CTID1 said:
What is wrong with people....Stoke away, I repeat Stoke away..Good result against a good team.
Stoke when they are up for it are a very hard team to play against. I hope they play as hard against Chelsea and Man Utd

We're not getting much luck at the moment. I think they had one effort on goal and it went in, and that's pretty much how every game has gone this season - a huge percentage of the opposition's efforts on goal are going in. Joe Hart commented on it recently, and it was the same yesterday.

Marvin said:
CTID1 said:
What is wrong with people....Stoke away, I repeat Stoke away..Good result against a good team.
Stoke when they are up for it are a very hard team to play against. I hope they play as hard against Chelsea and Man Utd

We're not getting much luck at the moment. I think they had one effort on goal and it went in, and that's pretty much how every game has gone this season - a huge percentage of the opposition's efforts on goal are going in. Joe Hart commented on it recently, and it was the same yesterday.

Southampton at the Etihad 2 attempts = 2 goals.. ):

samharris said:
owdestokie said:
In peace!! Stoke fan here.

We thought we were excellent today against a very good team. We closed space down for much of the game but had spells like the Alamo.

What some of your guys have to accept is that if we tried to play an open game against you boys we would have been battered.

The thing about MCFC is that not only do you have some excellent players technically they work hard and play with pace.

All the best for Madrid, retain the title and see you at the Brit next season

Sense at last...

-- Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 am --

HOLMSLICE said:
80s Shorts said:
I put you in 2nd place. I'm sticking up for you.

However, as far struggling to break teams down, please familiarise yourself with the Goals For column for the Champions for last season.

If you're trying to say that it isn't glaringly obvious that at times in the final 3rd of the pitch we look defunct of any attacking strategy then I have to disagree.

Over 12 attempts at goal away at stoke is not a defunct attacking strategy..

Didn't we have more attempts on goal, and on target, than the Rags did at home to Wigan? Didn't Begovic make two really top drawer saves and Shawcross make a superb last ditch clearance off the line?

Marvin said:
CTID1 said:

The difference is the scum will get all the ref decisions as per usually where as we get fuck all that's why they are always up there and any other team has to work there bollocks of right to the last seconds of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.