Stoke Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

The better the team the better stoke play at the Brit so we were unlucky to get the point when we could have stolen the game but most wont get much better from there, roll on next weekend.

rastus said:
Dirty Harry said:
Played well enough to win that, Clattenburg with a 'fart near their player ? Free-Kick, clatter one of ours ? Fair tackle' policy.

Should see Wilkinson get a retrospective ban for that elbow though, no excuses.

It hurt me how that was reffed

Clattenburg has hit the ground running. Cost us 2 points today that twat.

andrewmswift said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
This will go down as the worse performance by and under Mancini. Terrible defending always looked nervy and likely to concede another goal which gave Stoke the upper-hand. Terrible passing watching us become a lump forward team all first half was embarrassing.

Terrible subs made by Roberto to Mario on and take Carlos off was just mystifying totally dumfounded by that choice and in the end was making desperate subs to cover up this first mistake.

I'm really dreading the pumping we will take on Tuesday unless there is a remarkable improvement.

Very depressed and upset we look a shadow of the team this time last season.

there's no way you're a city fan
Ban him hes been at it all day in the match day thread

andrewmswift said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
This will go down as the worse performance by and under Mancini. Terrible defending always looked nervy and likely to concede another goal which gave Stoke the upper-hand. Terrible passing watching us become a lump forward team all first half was embarrassing.

Terrible subs made by Roberto to Mario on and take Carlos off was just mystifying totally dumfounded by that choice and in the end was making desperate subs to cover up this first mistake.

I'm really dreading the pumping we will take on Tuesday unless there is a remarkable improvement.

Very depressed and upset we look a shadow of the team this time last season.

there's no way you're a city fan

He is a bit suspect, or he could just be one of those really depressing people that you meet every now and then, we certainley attract all sorts on here

hgblue said:
RandomJ said:
Dzeko should have come on a lot fucking earlier than he did. The guy is on a hot streak and gets dropped to the bench and given a couple minutes at the end. No wonder he isn't happy.

Totally agree with this. 2 minutes at the end of the game is a piss take tbh. Barry for Tevez was very strange as well.

Its not really that strange if you watch City

Tevez offf - Ballo plays striker which means Yaya pushes up and Barry comes on to take Yaya position

greasedupdeafguy said:
Bluemoon_bosnia said:
Don't get me wrong.. but easily

Manchini = IDIOT
Maicon = to old for 3rd league, for PL an CL what a waste of money
Garcia = Looks OK
Sinclair = Same shit as AJ

DZEKO= In 3 minutes better than Balotelli in 90 Minutes

Haters gonna hate... but dzeko is still your best forward... I love dzeko and dzeko is a world class player.. as much as you hate him we love him GO EDIN!!!
Go away fanboy

+1

Juan King said:
kanovic said:
dzeko scores 4 goals on international break and gets benched, and still almost wins the game. He needs more minutes.

Dzeko looked better in 3 or 4 minutes today than Balotelli did for the 88 or so he played. Mario's turn & shot & one two with Tevez were both good but apart from that I thought he was poor again today. He seems to spend more time on the floor than on his feet.

I agree Dzeko should've come on a lot earlier, but Mario had a good game today. Won a lot of free-kicks, worked hard down the left, worked a couple a great openings and led the line well overall. I get the impression people watch Mario hold the ball up, turn the defender, get chased and then get fouled and then somehow think he's playing poorly. Clattenberg didn't help either, another woeful display from him.

markbmcfc said:
Not sure why the Barry for Tevez sub is so hard to understand?

He wanted Yaya further forward, so had to sacrifice a forward player. Mario goes back for corners and is decent at getting a clearance in, so he needed to stay on. We needed to maintain the width so Nasri and at that point Sinclair had to stay on. Yaya had to go in the hole, where Tevez was. Tevez isn't a wide player whereas Nasri can play there, so he took Tevez off.

The Yaya further forward sub has paid of plenty of times so it can't be criticised.

Personally i'd have swapped Silva for Nasri at the same time, but it shouldn't be hard to understand the Barry Tevez sub. You have to maintain shape and the "took a striker off and a def midfielder on at 1-1" argument is very naive.

Well said.

Decent performance, decent point, unlucky it wasn't all 3.

Obvious handball for their goal, shit happens. Other than that they didn't remotely trouble us. Looks like we're still lacking a bit of sharpness in the final third, but we still created enough to win it.

Can understand the Tevez sub with an eye to Tuesday. Not sure why people are moaning about Mario - one of our better players, I thought, looked sharp, but service wasn't great. All told, we were just too slow in our attacking - had the impression that if we'd just been able to step it up a gear, the chances would have come - tbf they did in last 10 mins, and it took 2 great saves and a clearance of the line to stop us winning.

Agree that Dzeko should have been given longer.

Not too concerned by the performances at the moment. Nowhere near our best, but always likely to be a hangover from the end of last season, plus euros. It'll come.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.