Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Starting to think that who the manager is isn't even that important, and that the problem is that this particular group of players just aren't a real team together. Chemistry seems non-existent.

citymad said:
Not impressed so far. We look at totally different side without kompany and tevez. There's no drive at the moment. Im worried that with Pellers mild disposition he wont be able fire up our superstars. We need a leader fast on our rudderless ship.
We lack that real quality in midfield. You won't get to that next level with players like Milner/Garcia, we needed to buy a world class CM in the summer but sadly we didn't. Our attack is world class but the support is so shit it's ridiculous considering the players we have.

Its been only 4 games and we have to give Pelly a fair chance but have to say im not convinced by anything i have seen so far.
He got the tactics wrong in all 4 games. The only reason we have won two of the games is because Newcastle were useless and Hull didnt put away their chances.
What also upsets me is that he got rid of Barry without giving him a chance. The same Barry who was the best player on the pitch today for Everton and helped them beat Chelsea.

ade_akhtar said:
Its been only 4 games and we have to give Pelly a fair chance but have to say im not convinced by anything i have seen so far.
He got the tactics wrong in all 4 games. The only reason we have won two of the games is because Newcastle were useless and Hull didnt put away their chances.
What also upsets me is that he got rid of Barry without giving him a chance. The same Barry who was the best player on the pitch today for Everton and helped them beat Chelsea.
What did Pellegrini get wrong today?

Barry is a good passer, but past his best

Letting Barry go to Everton was the worst decision I've seen in years, I'm starting to struggle to find anything about the club I fell in love with 50 years ago, anybody knowing me would not beleive what I've just written, the treatment of Barry, I think of Nelly, Micky Doyle the King and cringe at some of these players but rrrrrr fuk it.

Marvin said:
Before you all criticise too much consider that City have lost Kompany, Demichelis, Richards and Clichy. That is our best back 4!!!

We've got through a difficult fixture when we were very much weakened.

I think we will now start to move forward
We've lost four defenders and kept a clean sheet, but we offered fuck all in attack and only missed Silva. What the hell has gone wrong up front? And why hasn't it been solved as we were far worse up front last season compared to the previous one than we were at the back. - We only conceded five more but scored twenty seven fewer and I saw nothing today that suggests we've even attempted to sort it out. Would Tevez and Mario been any worse?

Armaan said:
bluemoon73 said:
No creativity
Yep. We create fuck all for our strikers, people were banging on about Negredo being the missing piece of the jigsaw and how many he'll score but he's gonna have the same problem Dzeko had, fuck all support.
Most City fans still don't realize this fact. They keep blaming the strikers, but they don't ask themselves why City creates only like 2 real chances in the entire half, while the other tops teams create chances every 5 minutes.

East Level 2 said:
Marvin said:
Before you all criticise too much consider that City have lost Kompany, Demichelis, Richards and Clichy. That is our best back 4!!!

We've got through a difficult fixture when we were very much weakened.

I think we will now start to move forward
We've lost four defenders and kept a clean sheet, but we offered fuck all in attack and only missed Silva. What the hell has gone wrong up front? And why hasn't it been solved as we were far worse up front last season compared to the previous one than we were at the back. - We only conceded five more but scored twenty seven fewer and I saw nothing today that suggests we've even attempted to sort it out. Would Tevez and Mario been any worse?
There's more than enough change there to explain the problems.

That was Jovetic's first start of the season. He missed a bit of pre-season. It was Negredo's first start too. And Rodwell. Then you've got all the defensive changes. If you want to look for excuses, you really don't have to look very far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.