Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

flb said:
citytill1die84 said:
flb said:
You do wonder in all of this where is the guy who knows the Premier League inside and out.[/quot

Dropping Navas and Aguero today is nothing short of a disgrace, I will add Dzeko and Fernandinho to that.
The guy is clueless , all this shit about knowing what the PL is like, really.

We've been given the runaround by Cardiff , Hull and to a lesser extent a Mark Hughes managed Stoke City.

Anybody have any idea why Edin wasn't involved today ?

Runaround in which all 4 of these players played in.[/quo

Tactically naive in this league fella , as clear as Steve Bruce being a fat bastard. Mancini is way in front I'm afraid tactically

I'm not comparing Pellers to Mancini. You said it was a disgrace droping Aguero,Navas,Dzeko and Fernandinho when neither and I mean neither of them have had a good start to the season. Aguero has been greedy and gives the ball away to often deserves to be dropped. Dzeko at times has looked like the Dzeko under Mancini. Navas hasn't shown anything he's supposed to be lightning fast but i've not seen anything yet. Fernandinho hasn't shown anything yet either. Rodwell deserves his game time, Milner also deserves to play as does Negredo who should have 3 in 3 goal wise. Hopefully dropping Aguero,Dzeko,Navas & Fernandinho will give them a kick up the ass although I wouldn't say they were dropped Pellers has Tuesday in mind.

I wasn't very impressed today either but thank goodness that waiting for decades for any sort of success trophy wise has enabled me to develop a degree of patience.

I feel it is a pity that so many contributors to this Forum have no patience what so ever.

I wonder how many of these moaning whingers, with their liberal use of disgusting (and so limiting) language, have actually followed our beautiful club for more than half a dozen years.

I am also staggered that so many football super brains who know so much more about the game and all that it entails than the professional staff at City haven't been hired to sort it out.

So many super tactical football experts going to waste!

Maybe we as City fans should try a bit of patience and adopt realistic expectations if for no other reason than reducing stress levels.

Please forgive me for going on so but I get really hacked off by all the slagging off.

JJ

kippaxblue76 said:
flb said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Could have enhanced his supersub tag but didn't get the chance.

It's a disgrace mate , Edin performed well against Newcastle and Hull then is binned without a trace, Nasri inaffective on the road again starts instead of Navas.

Cant agree there mate, Dzeko was poor against Hull and subbed at half time, hence Negredo starting today, as for Nasri......

The point in making mate is Manuel openly praises Edin and then drops him like a piece of worthless shit. He burst the net v Cardiff only to get the hook for daring to be under par in the first half against Hull. All I here is how good Pellagrini is on man management, where's the evidence of this fabled nonsense ?

jollylescott said:
Stoned Rose said:
An interesting shift seems to have occurred.

The last 3 games have seen teams not park the bus against us but instead they've actually had a right good go and on all 3 occasions IMO gotten the better of us, especially in the middle third.

That in itself tells me something is different.

I think they call it a '2 man midfield'.

It doesn't suit our personnel and playing that way with a patched up back 4 to protect is very arrogant, very stupid or both.

Imo to win games in this league it's almost essential to control midfield. Controlling midfield does two things i) it takes the heat off the back 4 and ii) it allows you (in theory) to create chances to score. Mancini was very very big on this and imo was spot on in this aspect (he did get other things wrong though).

If we go with a 2 man midfield the scum will obliterate us mark my words.

The Plzen game is now pivotal. Should we not win that game the pressure on the manager and players will be immense going into the derby and the 'doubts' will be pervasive.

The 2 man midfield has to go.

I'd go 4-5-1 v Plzen. Flood the midfield and control the middle third. The rest will come as a result of said control.

Well spoken. The boss needs to sort this out very quickly. We HAVE to get control of the middle third. It's bleeding obvious that we have been overrun in that area by teams who no one expects to feature in the top half of the table.

Another area that he needs to sort straight away is Zab occupying the space that Navas should be operating in. Zab is suffocating Navas.
Said that after the Hull game. We've just abandoned the midfield. And I'm sure if Pellegrini just played an extra man in there we'd be fine

citytill1die84 said:
flb said:

Tactically naive in this league fella , as clear as Steve Bruce being a fat bastard. Mancini is way in front I'm afraid tactically

I'm not comparing Pellers to Mancini. You said it was a disgrace droping Aguero,Navas,Dzeko and Fernandinho when neither and I mean neither of them have had a good start to the season. Aguero has been greedy and gives the ball away to often deserves to be dropped. Dzeko at times has looked like the Dzeko under Mancini. Navas hasn't shown anything he's supposed to be lightning fast but i've not seen anything yet. Fernandinho hasn't shown anything yet either. Rodwell deserves his game time, Milner also deserves to play as does Negredo who should have 3 in 3 goal wise. Hopefully dropping Aguero,Dzeko,Navas & Fernandinho will give them a kick up the ass although I wouldn't say they were dropped Pellers has Tuesday in mind.

So they are all shit after 4 games then ?

wagonman said:
I wasn't very impressed today either but thank goodness that waiting for decades for any sort of success trophy wise has enabled me to develop a degree of patience.

I feel it is a pity that so many contributors to this Forum have no patience what so ever.

I wonder how many of these moaning whingers, with their liberal use of disgusting (and so limiting) language, have actually followed our beautiful club for more than half a dozen years.

I am also staggered that so many football super brains who know so much more about the game and all that it entails than the professional staff at City haven't been hired to sort it out.

So many super tactical football experts going to waste!

Maybe we as City fans should try a bit of patience and adopt realistic expectations if for no other reason than reducing stress levels.

Please forgive me for going on so but I get really hacked off by all the slagging off.

JJ

Observations representing the less voluble majority, let's hope.

flb said:
kippaxblue76 said:
flb said:
It's a disgrace mate , Edin performed well against Newcastle and Hull then is binned without a trace, Nasri inaffective on the road again starts instead of Navas.

Cant agree there mate, Dzeko was poor against Hull and subbed at half time, hence Negredo starting today, as for Nasri......

The point in making mate is Manuel openly praises Edin and then drops him like a piece of worthless shit. He burst the net v Cardiff only to get the hook for daring to be under par in the first half against Hull. All I here is how good Pellagrini is on man management, where's the evidence of this fabled nonsense ?

Fair point but Negredo deserved his start after coming off the bench twice and scoring both times, he may also have Tuesday in mind.

flb said:
citytill1die84 said:
flb said:

So they are all shit after 4 games then ?

Hahahahaha where did I say they were shit? Said they deserve to be dropped if they have been dropped. You clearly think Pellers is shit after 4 games tho don't u?

Not impressed so far. We look at totally different side without kompany and tevez. There's no drive at the moment. Im worried that with Pellers mild disposition he wont be able fire up our superstars. We need a leader fast on our rudderless ship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.