Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

does make me laugh when people say we kept a clean sheet, it wasnt our defending that kept us a clean sheet, it was Stokes poor finishing. so i wouldnt use that as something positive from that performance.

we were told we would press high up the pitch, win the ball back quickly and move it forward with pace... not seen anything like that yet.

mekonmcfc said:
does make me laugh when people say we kept a clean sheet, it wasnt our defending that kept us a clean sheet, it was Stokes poor finishing. so i wouldnt use that as something positive from that performance.

we were told we would press high up the pitch, win the ball back quickly and move it forward with pace... not seen anything like that yet.

I think the penny will finally drop with many soon...
Vinnie doesn't play, the manager has no confidence in the back 4 so play in a way to combat the opposition, centre half was essential as i can see Vinnie missing many games this season/
We had one of the best readers of the game at City, had a knack of being in the right place and more important the rest of the team had the confidence that with him in the team they were free to attack as a unit

Five talking points from yesterday's game:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=404</a>

Ric said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=404</a>

Ric,

When I tried to make a comment on your points it came up with this response: Internal Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The page you are looking for experienced a problem or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try one of the following options:

If you typed the page url, check the spelling
Start from the Bluemoon Home Page, and look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.

This happened the other day when I wanted to comment on the Stoke fan's remarks as well.

Eccles Blue said:
Ric said:

Ric,

When I tried to make a comment on your points it came up with this response: Internal Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The page you are looking for experienced a problem or is temporarily unavailable.

Start from the Bluemoon Home Page, and look for links to the information you want.

This happened the other day when I wanted to comment on the Stoke fan's remarks as well.

Thanks for letting me know, will look into it now.

Edit: Fixed now :)

Ric said:
Eccles Blue said:
Ric said:

Ric,

Thanks for letting me know, will look into it now.

Thanks Ric, trust me to be the one to find it!! I live to either make people smile/laugh or cause you problems!! It's a good job you know me and know I don't do it deliberately. :-)

Posted now, I'm not daft, this time I copied what I had written!!!!! Wouldn't want to waste my words of wisdom twice!! *falls off chair laughing*

Excellent points but the key at the moment is the one about patience. We must stick to our beliefs and not get dragged into a media witch hunt again - they just love that. What I find interesting is we play two more English midfielders (which should be applauded) and we then have sky pundits saying "MP picked the wrong team and we are poor" Yet if we were to play our strongest 11 and leave Milner & Rodwell on the bench we would be blamed for ruining the national game. In many ways as a club we can't win. As fans though we must stay supportive of our team - yes I know it was galling to see Barry play so well, but it was his debut and he is a good player who has always been constantly underrated. Again would the media have gone on about his performance so much had it been in our shirt? I doubt it. For the future it was the correct decision by the powers that be to move him on. There is nothing wrong with our squad, lets just have an appraisal after another six or seven games.

RE Ric's five-point analysis:

1.Ineffective utilisation of Yaya. Agreed and this is the heart of the problem.Both Pellegrini and Txiki know all about Yaya's defensive role at Barcelona. But that was with a team famed for their ball retention operating in a league very different to the hurly-burly of the Premiership.

2.Joe Hart's's return to form. Agreed.
The media were on his case for purely nationalistic reasons-they feared he might slip up and threaten England's chances of getting to Brazil.

3.Formation change-from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1. Agreed except that, for the derby, I would prefer Negredo to Aguero - he has the build and the controlled aggression to sort out Vidic and Ferdinand.

4.Garcia can't play centre half. Totally agreed. Some posters exonerate Garcia because his errors haven't immediately led to goals. But the issue is team confidence.That clumsy non-clearance against Stoke was appalling but, as you note, Zaba bailed him out. Same thing at Cardiff where there were two other blunders but he was reprieved-once by Hart and the other time by sheer good luck.This is undermining Nastasic, still only twenty, but a very promising centre-back when VK is there.

5. Patience needed. Agreed. We must guard against defeatism- and the ' what if ?' ' syndrome.

Sorry not to quote directly but there seemed to be a technical issue with the link when I tried earlier on.

Afternoon all. I was bladdered yesterday and can only vaguely recall posting on here last night haha.
Cheers anyway and great to have the season underway after a long summer without football.
Im sure it was just an off day for you on Saturday with a few players missing and its certain you'll come good but all looks promising for us so far under Hughes.
Granted...we havent got the resources to ever be world beaters.....and it will take forever to shake off our reputation of being long ball, anti football thugs....but if we keep going in the right direction then it can only be a good thing.
Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and see you for the return fixture at your place ;)<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:57 pm --<br /><br />Afternoon all. I was bladdered yesterday and can only vaguely recall posting on here last night haha.
Cheers anyway and great to have the season underway after a long summer without football.
Im sure it was just an off day for you on Saturday with a few players missing and its certain you'll come good but all looks promising for us so far under Hughes.
Granted...we havent got the resources to ever be world beaters.....and it will take forever to shake off our reputation of being long ball, anti football thugs....but if we keep going in the right direction then it can only be a good thing.
Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and see you for the return fixture at your place ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.