Stoke Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Goo said:
daxman said:
I disagree with this notion. Nzonzi would be a better fit in our sqaud than any CM not named Yaya. I'd take him at CM over Dihno, Milner, Garcia or Rodwell/ Saw him last year and wondered why we weren't in for him. Him and Huddlestone are 2 deep lying playmakers that would walk in our squad and earn a squad spot. And They play at lowly Stoke and Hull. There are lots of players in lowly clubs who are superior to some of our players. Shawcrozz for exmple is a better footballer than Lescott, Garcia and Nastasic. Just coz we paid 24, 17 and for those 3 don't make them better.

I just fell of my seat laughing so hard at that!

Jesus, that's made my night...

Hahaha i'll 2nd this what a load of shit. They struggled for a reason last year just because the hold a piss poor City team they've all of a sudden got players who'd fit into our squad? TUT TUT

Dribble said:
deliasmith said:
how many of Stoke's squad would have made it into yesterday's team?

None!

Begovich, Huth, Shawcross, N'Zonzi, Pieters - all better than the guys doing the same job in the Man City side
On the day even I could be better than Messi, but I'm assessing their talent over a period of time not just on one game.

I suppose if you take Garcia into account you may have a point and as pointed out just becuase we paid over the odds for Lescott, Kolorov, Garcia doesn't make them better players, but without getting into semantics and Garcia apart, I still wouldn't swap any of their lot for ours.

We played well below the standard we expected and I don't buy into the excuse that it's because we're missing a couple of players due to injury. Also I must have missed the stampede of clubs beating a path to Stoke's door for N'Zonzi, Huth and Shawcross.
Whether you'd swap ours for theirs is irrelevant here. The question is who is better? I say Shawcoss is better than any CD we have not named Kompany, and Nzonzi is better than any CM we have not named Yaya.

daxman said:
Dribble said:
deliasmith said:
Begovich, Huth, Shawcross, N'Zonzi, Pieters - all better than the guys doing the same job in the Man City side
On the day even I could be better than Messi, but I'm assessing their talent over a period of time not just on one game.

I suppose if you take Garcia into account you may have a point and as pointed out just becuase we paid over the odds for Lescott, Kolorov, Garcia doesn't make them better players, but without getting into semantics and Garcia apart, I still wouldn't swap any of their lot for ours.

We played well below the standard we expected and I don't buy into the excuse that it's because we're missing a couple of players due to injury. Also I must have missed the stampede of clubs beating a path to Stoke's door for N'Zonzi, Huth and Shawcross.
Whether you'd swap ours for theirs is irrelevant here. The question is who is better? I say Shawcoss is better than any CD we have not named Kompany, and Nzonzi is better than any CM we have not named Yaya.

Absolute rot ! IMO

daxman said:
Dribble said:
deliasmith said:

It's all about opinions and with all due respect, I think call at Specsavers should be next priority. Like I said previously I'm failing to recall a stampede to Stoke's door for any of your faves that you mention. Also it's still fresh in my memory that these were the same players who played in a turgid Stoke side last season.

They're decent Premiership players, but to say that they are what we should be looking at to get us where we want to be is a bit far fetched IMHO. Just because Garcia, Kolorov and Lescott aren't what we need, why would we consider replacing them with players who on their day might match up to ours but in general are of a lower standard?

When all is said and done....we were better than you yeasterday, we deserved to win, and it was only a result of our woeful finishing which meant we only came away with a point.

You can say what you want about Stoke but our "thugs" sould never ever ever ever ever dare to attempt to make you look average.......

....but we did!

How you all doing by the way :)

Shafter said:
When all is said and done....we were better than you yeasterday, we deserved to win, and it was only a result of our woeful finishing which meant we only came away with a point.

You can say what you want about Stoke but our "thugs" sould never ever ever ever ever dare to attempt to make you look average.......

....but we did!

They did.

But I can say with 100% certainty that Stoke City will have another average season at best.

You may have won the war yesterday, but once again City will win the battle, come May.

Enjoy your draw, clean sheet, and point. :-)

jrb said:
Shafter said:

....but we did!

They did.

But I can say with 100% certainty that Stoke City will have another average season at best.

You may have won the war yesterday, but once again City will win the battle, come May.

The quote is the supposed to be the other way round mate.

jrb said:
Shafter said:

....but we did!

They did.

?

Shafter said:

Very true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.