Stoke Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke cup final this as are all their home games against top 4/5/6 sides. Mancini has never won at the Britannia I think, I would start Sinclair and try the width approach we rarely have against Stoke. Probably end up losing or getting a draw as per usual in this awful set of bogey fixtures (Stoke away, Everton away, Liverpool away, Sunderland away) but a win would be great.

LoveCity said:
Stoke cup final this as are all their home games against top 4/5/6 sides. Mancini has never won at the Britannia I think, I would start Sinclair and try the width approach we rarely have against Stoke. Probably end up losing or getting a draw as per usual in this awful set of bogey fixtures (Stoke away, Everton away, Liverpool away, Sunderland away) but a win would be great.

I think there is a case to mix it up and play Sinclair. He represent something different (pace) and could open up opportunities elsewhere. Also I think Garcia has to play if he is going to be tossed into the Madrid game. Rodwell, Garcia and Yaya would be formidable. They are going to try and slow the game down to their level so I reckon we need to up the tempo otherwise it plays into their hands.

I think Sinclair needs to start this game. Width is key for us is games like this. He'll hug the touchline and open up holes in their back line, allowing players like Silva and Nasri to find the right pass easier and earlier. We also need a lot of power in midfield, Garcia and Barry sitting in front of the back four should do, allowing Yaya to get into much more advanced positions;

--------------------Hart--------------------
-Zabaleta----Kompany----Lescott-----Clichy----
----------Garcia-------------Barry------------
-----------------Yaya Toure------------------
--Sinclair---------------------------Nasri-----
-------------------Dzeko--------------------

Silva on for Sinclair at some stage in the second half...

i think mancini has to rest big players with us having madrid away just a few days after we need big players like aguero tevez yaya kompany to be fully match fit for the madrid game, would like to see sinclair crossing in balls to edin dzeko

Start the strongest team, every point counts.

City needs to improve the away form this season.

Tevez City said:
Start the strongest team, every point counts.

City needs to improve the away form this season.
Thank God for your tactical genius.

I heard Mancini was going to field the u18's

LoveCity said:
This Sinclair must start imo.

Our team selection will probably depend on the outcome of the international games this week. Stoke will presumably have loads of their quality players involved. Hoping that Kolo and Yaya will be OK after playing their ACON qualifier this weekend. Nasty played at Hampden. Not sure if he will play midweek too. Zabaleta was kept on the bench at the weekend, so he may be OK. Nasri was suspended, whereas Silva and Clichy were also kept on the bench I believe. Dzeko scored a hatrick but against the Euro minnows. Good for his confidence. Milner and Lescott may need resting for the Madrid game.

lionheart said:
Our team selection will probably depend on the outcome of the international games this week. Stoke will presumably have loads of their quality players involved. Hoping that Kolo and Yaya will be OK after playing their ACON qualifier this weekend. Nasty played at Hampden. Not sure if he will play midweek too. Zabaleta was kept on the bench at the weekend, so he may be OK. Nasri was suspended, whereas Silva and Clichy were also kept on the bench I believe. Dzeko scored a hatrick but against the Euro minnows. Good for his confidence. Milner and Lescott may need resting for the Madrid game.
Lescott will definitely start we need his height.

alextheswede said:
I think Sinclair needs to start this game. Width is key for us is games like this. He'll hug the touchline and open up holes in their back line, allowing players like Silva and Nasri to find the right pass easier and earlier. We also need a lot of power in midfield, Garcia and Barry sitting in front of the back four should do, allowing Yaya to get into much more advanced positions;

--------------------Hart--------------------
-Zabaleta----Kompany----Lescott-----Clichy----
----------Garcia-------------Barry------------
-----------------Yaya Toure------------------
--Sinclair---------------------------Nasri-----
-------------------Dzeko--------------------

Silva on for Sinclair at some stage in the second half...
Um, Tevez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.