Stone Roses to reform

noely said:
seeing the amount of knobs on facebook that i know dont like the roses who all of a sudden are putting fools gold and she bangs the drums you tube vids on there profiles I know it;ll be same crowd.One idiot put James lyrics on there wall and said cant wait to hear Ian Brown sing this !!!!!!

Exactly, pissing me off big time.

I'll be surprised if they play their first gigs at Heaton park. Surely they'll need some warm up/intimate gigs to get back into the swing of things. Reckon some lucky ITK's will get to watch 'em somewhere small(ish) waaay before June.
Dont some bands play under a false name sometimes? Academy anyone?

Sven's Fluffer said:
I'll be surprised if they play their first gigs at Heaton park. Surely they'll need some warm up/intimate gigs to get back into the swing of things. Reckon some lucky ITK's will get to watch 'em somewhere small(ish) waaay before June.
Dont some bands play under a false name sometimes? Academy anyone?

A LONG time ago but The Psychedelic Furs did this at The International once.

They played under their album name The Book of Days. A great night.

I am seriously fearing for this. I remember when the posters went up,[bigimg]http://odell.connect-2.co.uk/gallery/sbtdpromo.jpg[/bigimg] and me and my mates, couldn't wait to get to piccadilly records/afflecks/underground market, for the latest E.P. I am glad i was there the 1st time around, all these fucking muppets i have been talking to recently, were not even born when the lads were playing the likes of spike island and the empress ballrooms.

I fear the gigs will be full of dicks, who didn't even know these lads were alive when the were at their best, kids who think it is cool to be into them and a the minority will be people reliving the magical era that was once madchester.

Am i just getting old?

Answers on a postcard please.

Well I wasn't born when they were playing, but I don't like it be cool as on the contrary it doesn't really do anything, a lot of people I know don't care for them.

Must say, I've seen a lot of people who've never ever mentioned their 'fondness' for the Roses and now suddenly they 'want to see them' and 'are excited about it all' when they seemingly didn't know they existed beforehand.

LongsightM13 said:
Is it phone lines only for tickets? No word anywhere on the advertising of an online purchase option.

I'd guess they'd be online, almost everything is nowadays.

LongsightM13 said:
Is it phone lines only for tickets? No word anywhere on the advertising of an online purchase option.

The websites are here mate, as far as I know you should be able to book on line. Good luck with that, though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thestoneroses.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thestoneroses.org/</a>

glen quagmire said:
I am seriously fearing for this. I remember when the posters went up,[bigimg]http://odell.connect-2.co.uk/gallery/sbtdpromo.jpg[/bigimg] and me and my mates, couldn't wait to get to piccadilly records/afflecks/underground market, for the latest E.P. I am glad i was there the 1st time around, all these fucking muppets i have been talking to recently, were not even born when the lads were playing the likes of spike island and the empress ballrooms.

I fear the gigs will be full of dicks, who didn't even know these lads were alive when the were at their best, kids who think it is cool to be into them and a the minority will be people reliving the magical era that was once madchester.

Am i just getting old?

Answers on a postcard please.

I feel excactly the same way mate!
Been buzzing the last couple of weeks over the speculation, will they, wont they?
Then as soon as they announced it, I was just feeling the same as you glen, a feeling it will be full of dicks!
I live right next to heaton park so will just sit in my garden with a few Peronis maybe?

Oh and yes you are getting old mate lol : o

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.