Stone Roses

I don't think they'll ever get back together, nor do I believe they should, but I'm really heartened by this news.

For too long the bands legacy has been tainted by the bitterness hanging round regarding Ian and John. A huge part of the magic of The Roses lay in their tightness as a unit, in music and persona. They weren't 4 individuals, they were one whole, leaders of the gang.

For that to fall apart and play out in public the way it has over the years has been depressing. I've certainly always found it sad to see that two friends who were so close and shared so much can become estranged in the way John and Ian have been. You can tell from the interviews and soundbites that it had hurt them both.

If now though there's been a reconciliaton all that gloom is lifted, and it doesn't matter if they never make another tune together because the focus can now be back 100% on what they should be remembered for, the fantastic songs they wrote. To know that these 4 guys can sit and have a drink and laugh together again is a great thing.

You never know in time it may also open the door to John making the odd encore appearance at some of Ian's shows or contributing a riff here or there on one or two future album tracks. I think that would be more than enough for most people.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/apr/07/mani-rubbishes-stone-roses-reunion-rumours" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/ap ... on-rumours</a>

Danbert said:
One extremely good album - that is all

One amazing album plus a second fantastic one.

The Roses were more than just the music though,they influenced a generation and put Manchester back where it belonged - good times.....

Were it ever to happen, Brown and Squire could name their price and sell out most enormodomes, football stadia and festivals in the land. But what's the point?

FantasyIreland said:
Danbert said:

One amazing album plus a second fantastic one.

The Roses were more than just the music though,they influenced a generation and put Manchester back where it belonged - good times.....

The first album was ground-breaking the second album was shite

Danbert said:

One extremely good album complemented by effectively another albums worth of material in ep's and b-sides that were as good if not better. If you're assesing the band's legacy you can't exclude tracks like Elephant Stone, Fools Gold, Standing Here and Sally Cinnamon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.