Stop moaning and get behind Mancini

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
And this is where my faith in Mancini has evaporated. If the players are struggling with the system, he should've adapted it, because that's his job as manager. Just sitting back and berating them for not being good enough, isn't IMO good management.

As I say, he will be as aware of it as us, but frustratingly for us, he's the only one who gets to see what he does to remedy it on the training pitch!

Here's my analogy on Mancini's problem for you:

I have a 2 dogs, one of which is called Teflon, who is a bull mastiff. He looks a bit like this:

bullmastiff-pic.jpg

Now, Teflon is a big dog and as a puppy, he needs regular exercise. Near me, I have a choice of two places to take him out to when I go running; one is a pretty open field next to a river and a motorway, another one is a pretty narrow nature reserve path with fences every few hundred metres. The field is pretty wide open, and we could both run for miles there without major interruption whilst the nature reserve is more secure.

At first, I started to take him to the nature reserve. He was only a puppy and he wasn't yet aware how to behave properly. He couldn't really stretch his legs for a prolonged period of time but I enjoyed the safety of not having to worry about him attacking/getting attacked/running away, etc. Everything was fenced off, and it was nice and safe.

After a while, both of us were getting to the fence without really pushing ourselves too hard and he was starting to misbehave a little bit. I mean, this went against all logic, why was he misbehaving when he was put in such a safe and secure environment; one that was pretty much suited to his needs?

The answer is in the question.

I had to learn to take him to the big field instead. Yes, he might jump in the fast flowing river and die. Yes, he might jump onto the motorway and get hit by a huge truck, but the decision has to be his. I refused to put my trust in him until it started to affect his performance when running. Only then did I realise that.

However, this time in the nature reserve taught him that he needs to run beside me, and taught him of the dangers of normal life. If I would have put him straight on the big field, he would have died because he's a bit of a balloon, and wouldn't have known how to handle it.

The key to everything is balance.

One day, Mancini will release the hounds, so to speak but only when he feels that they are ready. I personally feel that with much of our team regaining its fitness over the international break, we should start getting a bit more adventurous, movement wise, but I don't speak to them every day and don't have a complex understanding of their tactical awareness. I do think that we've become a bit more forward looking in the last couple of games.

Either way, my main point is that it's too early to judge anything and if you are judging the performances of the first season players and the first season coach now, you better have some extraordinary evidence or arguments to back this up, better than "omg he's Italian"

EDIT: That last part wasn't directed at you Billy, you know that I highly respect your arguments and opinions on football :)

Excellent post.

One thing though. I too have a daft, big boned, heavy set dog and was advised to excercise it for short periods when young. The extra long walks/runs can be hard on developing bones.
Depending on the breed, they should be getting full exercise by around 1- 1.5yrs old.

bump........exactly as the title says, we're on the verge of CL footie and an FA cup final FFS! IN HIS FIRST SEASON TOO! (I don't count the 1/2 season he had, lot's of things needed changing)

Brendan110_0 said:
bump........exactly as the title says, we're on the verge of CL footie and an FA cup final FFS! IN HIS FIRST SEASON TOO! (I don't count the 1/2 season he had, lot's of things needed changing)

'But we're 2nd in the league, no, er, sorry, 3rd in the league now and still in the Europa..... hang on... no forget the Europa..... still 3rd in the league.... ah... make that 4th in the league.....'

The arguments to support Mancini are wearing thinner by the week.

People have a very short memory when it comes to player progression. The 'MH's' signings who are now the backbone of our team all took time to settle in. I can remember people slating Dejong on here when he first played for us, same goes for Kompany, he's always been a fans fav but he didn't really come good til he played CB under Mancini. Tevez is something else.

Who's to say that the new signing's won't settle into equally good players for City, or even better?

I can respect opinions on our style of play, it can be dull at times and overly defensive, but we're still a force to be reckoned with, and a team that no opposition enjoys playing.
We're still in for a CL place, and a cup, so I can't understand all the outcries. I'm really enjoying being a blue right now, so can only distance myself from all these fickle, 'get mou' 'get such and such a player' comments.

It's pretty embarrassing how fragmented our fan base is and how negative they are about the players, team, and manager they supposedly support.

smiles said:
People have a very short memory when it comes to player progression. The 'MH's' signings who are now the backbone of our team all took time to settle in. I can remember people slating Dejong on here when he first played for us, same goes for Kompany, he's always been a fans fav but he didn't really come good til he played CB under Mancini.

LOL! Stop re-writing history!

From 2008:

oaksie2 said:
We have got Liverpool next Sunday so will be able to give a balanced opinion after the game. Love the start to Kompany's City career, looks the business.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88697&p=1306247&hilit=Kompany#p1306247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88697&p=1306247&hilit=Kompany#p1306247</a>

bluemoon05 said:
Vincent Kompany is king
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358490&hilit=Kompany#p1358490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358490&hilit=Kompany#p1358490</a>

sherburncity said:
Robinho for me but Kompany is on the up,considering he's only 22 he has fitted in really well.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358847&hilit=Kompany#p1358847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358847&hilit=Kompany#p1358847</a>

I think you're the one with the "short memory".

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
smiles said:
People have a very short memory when it comes to player progression. The 'MH's' signings who are now the backbone of our team all took time to settle in. I can remember people slating Dejong on here when he first played for us, same goes for Kompany, he's always been a fans fav but he didn't really come good til he played CB under Mancini.

LOL! Stop re-writing history!

From 2008:

oaksie2 said:
We have got Liverpool next Sunday so will be able to give a balanced opinion after the game. Love the start to Kompany's City career, looks the business.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88697&p=1306247&hilit=Kompany#p1306247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88697&p=1306247&hilit=Kompany#p1306247</a>

bluemoon05 said:
Vincent Kompany is king
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358490&hilit=Kompany#p1358490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358490&hilit=Kompany#p1358490</a>

sherburncity said:
Robinho for me but Kompany is on the up,considering he's only 22 he has fitted in really well.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358847&hilit=Kompany#p1358847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91741&p=1358847&hilit=Kompany#p1358847</a>

I think you're the one with the "short memory".

If you read the full sentence my words right before then were 'he's always been a fans fav'....

Whatever anyone thinks we have 9-10 games left till the end of the season, one in which we may qualify for the C/L and win the FA Cup (I said may!!!) there is no way he is going to get sacked before the end of the season....so how about forgetting the 'sack him he is crap.....boring..etc etc" and get behind him and the team for the remainder of the season.... you never know....we might just do it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.