Stop moaning and get behind Mancini

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
smiles said:
If you read the full sentence my words right before then were 'he's always been a fans fav'....

And the quotes I posted show that he didn't only blossom under Mancini as you erroneously suggested.

no they don't, they're fans opinions, and they show that fans like him. nothing more

the point is that even the great VK took time to settle in and get to his best, surely you'd agree with that?

The Jury is out on Ya Ya until he play's in his proper holding midfield
position, same with Boateng.
The question is will they ever get the chance given the consistency
of De Jong/Kompany.
I omit Lescott although he has been playing good of late is Boateng
a longer term prospect.
And of course we do need a squad.
But he cannot keep playing people out of postion.
At the moment Ya Ya is fuckin shite and unless Mancini has plans then
I would offload.

Blue Tooth said:
Damocles said:
The only thing Mancini and the players need, is time. That's it. We know he's a good manager because he's previously won things. We know that they are good players because we have seen them be good in the past. All that needs to happen, is that we need to fucking leave them alone to get on with their job for a little while, and we'll be absolutely fine.

Remember when Mancini said that we as a club don't have a winning mentality? I've read loads on here today saying that we will lose the FA Cup semi, finish 5th or 6th, and that we should sack our manager. Can you actually believe that? We get to the crunch time where we should all be pulling together as a club, and we have some actually saying sack the manager! This myth of City fans as the most loyal in the world has been completely smashed since the money came in, where now people equate increased investment with instant success. Investment wins fuck all. Sustained investment wins everything. Two seasons isn't sustained investment.

We are currently in bad form because we've had a mini injury crisis and we don't yet possess the character as a squad to overcome it. Character building as a team unit takes time.

So, in answer to your main point, I'm advocating keeping the previously proven manager, keeping the previously proven players and giving them half a chance to get something special together.

A well thought out and considered post..I have highlighted a few bits that really make sense as far as I am concerned.

If I might just add a final metaphor. As someone who enjoys climbing it has been said many times, and I have experienced this, that the last part of the Mountain before the summit is the toughest. This is a time to dig in and just get there. I honestly believe we are moving forward and have seen it in our play. The first 20 mins against Chelsea we looked fabulous and I for one really enjoyed watching us play. That is where it's going. We will reach a point where we can sustain that style and pace.
I agree also that we have been unlucky with injuries but I do think we are in a superb position right now to 'get to the top' of this particular hill...then we look for the next summit and build towards that. I cannot compare this side to the side of 12 months ago. I think we are much improved....and I think our competitors would say the same. That was a big win for Chelsea yesterday.

The winning mentality is not present here in general and may be understandable as most of the forum will have no memory of City at the top..I remember us winning stuff. The doubts leading up to those games were the same but the feeling of crossing the line makes all the difference.We have many posters who have in effect already consigned this season to failure. Incredible. We can win a CL place and we can win a Cup....and we will cross the line first again.

Great post. The first 20 m ins at Chelsea we were brilliant,moving the ball around the pitch in a composed,confident controlled manner,barely giving chelsea a touch.How good is that ,to go to the home of the champions and take the piss from the off? That is where we are going,and given time Mancini will get the team playing in that manner for the majority of the game.Certain players look more comfortable with it than others, and instant ball controll and a willingness to play with your head up are definately an advantage in this team.
Having seen all manner of free flowing attacking formations over the years at city,coupled with our usually dreadfull away record which together has won us nothing, i for one am enjoying the new experience of city becoming a solid ,compact team who have the ability to travel around the country silencing the home crowds-can,t wait to see this team in 6 months time-the gradual progression from joke team who can,t defend to solid unit who are getting close to learning how to dominate every game they play in is a joy to watch.

If the players truly respect his management skill , style and tactical nouse and want to go on the park each day and every match day and give their all for the manager as much as the club and the supporters and can demonstrate that by their deeds and the results that a squad of this talent and cost should be able to achieve then I am all for the manager given the time it takes him to take the club as far as it can go and given the resources both on and off the field to ensure that happens.

If he cannot do that and the players know it and as a group they cannot instill the confidence in each other to move forward in a positive manner and develop that winning mentality that is required to achieve success then the board have no option but to replace the manager and look at what they are doing wrong in their selection process itself.

We cannot become mid table ordinary to fucking world beaters over night . Rome wasnt built in a day , we need to back mancini , can you imagine the turmoil and fallout of another manager? Personally i am sick to death of constantly changing managers, stability is the key to success Lets see what happens give him a chance FFS

cinnamon blue said:
We cannot become mid table ordinary to fucking world beaters over night . Rome wasnt built in a day , we need to back mancini , can you imagine the turmoil and fallout of another manager? Personally i am sick to death of constantly changing managers, stability is the key to success Lets see what happens give him a chance FFS

You are sick to death of changing manager because of what has gone before.

35 years of incompetence at the very top, with no means of improving our situation.

That club no longer exists. We have the resources and the determination to make changes for long term gain.

Stability and football are not regular bedfellows, Slur Alex Ferguson, aside.

Stability for our club can only be achieved when the right man is plotting the course.

People have the right to be for or against Mancini, but the fact the fans are so divided, is evidence enough that we will not be a success until we pull in the same direction.

Mancini has failed, disastrously, to get both fans and players alike to buy in to him.

In any walk of life, you do not avoid finding a resolution, just because of the fear of what might be.

You would never do anything.

Disagree on the stability bit, as I've pointed out in an earlier post.

However, I do agree on your reckoning of Mancini's failure to bring the fans onside, which is a part of any job.

When you come across a problem, there are only two solutions if you wish to be a success. Either solve the problem or eliminate the problem.

I'm still hoping that we can solve the problem, and see no barriers to this either now or in the future.

smiles said:
People have a very short memory when it comes to player progression. The 'MH's' signings who are now the backbone of our team all took time to settle in. I can remember people slating Dejong on here when he first played for us, same goes for Kompany, he's always been a fans fav but he didn't really come good til he played CB under Mancini. Tevez is something else.

Who's to say that the new signing's won't settle into equally good players for City, or even better?

I can respect opinions on our style of play, it can be dull at times and overly defensive, but we're still a force to be reckoned with, and a team that no opposition enjoys playing.
We're still in for a CL place, and a cup, so I can't understand all the outcries. I'm really enjoying being a blue right now, so can only distance myself from all these fickle, 'get mou' 'get such and such a player' comments.

It's pretty embarrassing how fragmented our fan base is and how negative they are about the players, team, and manager they supposedly support.
The forum goes back to when they made their debut, care to show us quotes? Kompany and de Jong never got slated, they felled and slotted in very nicely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.