Strange Boozers you have been in

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here, but the Collier's Arms at Hartshead Pike, Mossley. I only went a couple of times, probably in the early eighties, but it was basically the front room of a farmhouse with beer from a cask in another room, served through a hatch. It was pretty much the family front room. It might have also been know as the piggery. Old landlord and his family in an old fashioned room, it certainly had an atmosphere of it's own, like a set from the League of Gentlemen.

My five favourite boosers were/are all strange - all full of character.

5. Marble Arch - Rochdale Road.
Awesome place ceiling arches and a mosaic floor. Amazing atmosphere.
4. Briton's Protection - Deansgate Locks. A proper drinkers pub.
3. The Bull and Bladder (official name Vine inn) Delph Road Brierley Hill, Dudley. Home to the wonderful Bathams Brewary and is a Victorian Gym Palace with a multitude of rooms with an incredible atmosphere
2. The Grey Horse on Portland Street. I just love this pub. Small but amazing.
1. The Cooked House in Himley (South Staffs/ Dudley). All over the news over the last few weeks. But it was an amazing place. Marbles seemingly rolling uphill on the bar - just one of the optical illusions that just did your head in. I hope it gets rebuilt from the rubble and I hope the new owners get hit with unlimited fines and prison terms. It ii a scandal what has happened.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here, but the Collier's Arms at Hartshead Pike, Mossley. I only went a couple of times, probably in the early eighties, but it was basically the front room of a farmhouse with beer from a cask in another room, served through a hatch. It was pretty much the family front room. It might have also been know as the piggery. Old landlord and his family in an old fashioned room, it certainly had an atmosphere of it's own, like a set from the League of Gentlemen.
Went on there a few times, it certainly was different

My five favourite boosers were/are all strange - all full of character.

5. Marble Arch - Rochdale Road.
Awesome place ceiling arches and a mosaic floor. Amazing atmosphere.
4. Briton's Protection - Deansgate Locks. A proper drinkers pub.
3. The Bull and Bladder (official name Vine inn) Delph Road Brierley Hill, Dudley. Home to the wonderful Bathams Brewary and is a Victorian Gym Palace with a multitude of rooms with an incredible atmosphere
2. The Grey Horse on Portland Street. I just love this pub. Small but amazing.
1. The Cooked House in Himley (South Staffs/ Dudley). All over the news over the last few weeks. But it was an amazing place. Marbles seemingly rolling uphill on the bar - just one of the optical illusions that just did your head in. I hope it gets rebuilt from the rubble and I hope the new owners get hit with unlimited fines and prison terms. It ii a scandal what has happened.
When you were on The Grey Horse did you buy misty a drink ?

The Piggery was the building to the right. It’s still standing as two separate abodes. My friend’s cousins live in either one or two, can’t recall.

Don’t remember it as a pub to be honest but my friend describes it exactly like you have.

There's a bar in Kabukicho in Tokyo that has a glass ceiling so you can see the floor above you. Every 15 minutes or so a woman would appear above and take a shit to the delight of the patrons below. Mental

Visited a bar in Malaga City, near a theatre/opera house. Was so weird, they had religious videos on a loop, great Iberico and Manchego cheese, upstairs restaurant we didn’t visit but a very strange experience, depressing religious music you expect to hear at a funeral.
I'm guessing that could have been El Pimpi (see below)

though I also was amazed in Malaga last year by the sherry bar. Malaga had some weird craft beer places too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.