Strange Boozers you have been in

I'm guessing that could have been El Pimpi (see below)

though I also was amazed in Malaga last year by the sherry bar. Malaga had some weird craft beer places too.

That’s the one, brilliant research, cheers.

The Arden Arms, Stockport has a small room known as ‘the Select’, a really unusual arrangement as it can only be accessed by passing through the bar, with permission from the staff.

A bar in east Berlin. Wall still there. Everybody drinking vodka, nobody at all speaking. Literally total silence. Furtive glances all round. Perhaps there was a secret policeman in.

My mates and I used to go to a place called Freddy's. It was tiny and most of the regulars there were on government assistance or wrong ones. The owner lived in a run down caravan behind the establishment.

We'd go because you could get a glass, not a pint but 10 ounce glass, of Budweiser for 50p. We went because it was cheap and we weren't of age to legally be there drinking but we didn't cause trouble and we had money to pay.

After a time we were "regulars" and welcomed with open arms. It got to the point where if someone new came in and tried to play the hard man against us the whole place would stand up and let him know it was time for him to leave.

Years ago a pub called Grendels in Ballyhooley, Co Cork.
Despite the smoking ban the urinal trough was full of cigarette butts. A local walked into the bar having used the phone in the kitchen and asked the landlord why he happened to have a toilet roll sitting in his microwave.
The landlord, matter of factly stated, "Well it dropped in the urinal so I had to dry it out somehow".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.