Strange Boozers you have been in

Liston's Music Hall situated in an alleyway off Market Street. That's one for the oldies as it's long gone. It's reputation was that every sailor in the world knew of Liston's. It was really weird - think of the Star Wars bar scene. Full of terminal drunks, haggard old prostitutes, tranvestites and sundry social misfits. A bunch of us 6th formers went there after our school speech day at the Free Trade Hall. Despite the fact our average age was 17 and we were in school uniform we got in no problem. We were greeted by an extravagantly gay waiter with ""Ooh, where have all you men come from?" Bear in mind this was in 1967.

Can’t remember the name but it was in Poland ( krakow)strange bar that was down 2 flights of steps and no windows it was more like a cellar and the few who were already in there including the bar man didn’t seem to friendly,we had one quick drink and then buggered off ..

the cheshire cheese on washway road, talk about a local pub for local pub, i swear to this day a dart stopped in mid air when me and my mates walked in.

Liston's Music Hall situated in an alleyway off Market Street. That's one for the oldies as it's long gone. It's reputation was that every sailor in the world knew of Liston's. It was really weird - think of the Star Wars bar scene. Full of terminal drunks, haggard old prostitutes, tranvestites and sundry social misfits. A bunch of us 6th formers went there after our school speech day at the Free Trade Hall. Despite the fact our average age was 17 and we were in school uniform we got in no problem. We were greeted by an extravagantly gay waiter with ""Ooh, where have all you men come from?" Bear in mind this was in 1967.
I think the same crowd migrated over to ' Dickens' club on Oldham Road after Listons wad dropped.
Barrow boys, ticket touts, trannies and old hoo-ers in abundance..it was Dickensian quite literally. Lasted till well into the 80 s I think.

Angie's Tavern in Amble. We were staying Amble and looking for somewhere to watch City vs Newcastle in the Carabao Cup Sept 2023. Real old fashioned pub packed with Newcastle fans and one particular inebriated lady who alternated between swearing like a trooper at the top of her voices and apologising to the landlady. Room next to the room with TV's in it had all the walls festooned with bras for some reason? Drinks really cheap and the whole atmosphere was a throwback to the 1970's but quite enjoyable. Shame we lost but everyone else in the pub seemed happy enough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.