Strange situation of City's exiled five players

Cobwebcat said:
Yes that's exactly what he is doing and no I would want to play once I was a multi millionaire with only 2 years left to play the game seriously.

I'd be embarrassed to do a Danny Mills. If I had previously helped city in the past then maybe but this guy has done nothing for us injured or not.

I can make a case for Ade Bellers Ned and maybe Bridge but RSC really irritates me as you can probably tell!

aint his fault City gave him a truck load of cash and a long contract - he may have played 30 games but were they all in the starting 11 (not being a smart arse i just dont know)

Simple fact is that first and foremost City have to find a club that he wants to buy him and with his injury record may prove difficult unless City are prepared to let him go on a free and then he has to find a club that suits him be that for family reasons or footballing reason - i am sure he could go to Aldershott on a free at £30 quid a week but its unlikely

The annoying thing for me is that the fecker got through the medical - think you are being a little unfair to be honest

If a decent club comes in for him and he says nah feck off you may have a point until then i think you are being a little harsh

dctid said:
Cobwebcat said:
Yes that's exactly what he is doing and no I would want to play once I was a multi millionaire with only 2 years left to play the game seriously.

I'd be embarrassed to do a Danny Mills. If I had previously helped city in the past then maybe but this guy has done nothing for us injured or not.

I can make a case for Ade Bellers Ned and maybe Bridge but RSC really irritates me as you can probably tell!

aint his fault City gave him a truck load of cash and a long contract - he may have played 30 games but were they all in the starting 11 (not being a smart arse i just dont know)

Simple fact is that first and foremost City have to find a club that he wants to buy him and with his injury record may prove difficult unless City are prepared to let him go on a free and then he has to find a club that suits him be that for family reasons or footballing reason - i am sure he could go to Aldershott on a free at £30 quid a week but its unlikely

The annoying thing for me is that the fecker got through the medical - think you are being a little unfair to be honest

If a decent club comes in for him and he says nah feck off you may have a point until then i think you are being a little harsh

Harsh ? Yes, I probably am when it comes to RSC.....can't help it!

Please ........
Don't buy Gago........he is always injured, please don't buy him.
We also need paying salary to him, please don't buy Cago.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/03/05/2379830/real-madrids-fernando-gago-out-for-three-weeks-as-injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la- ... -as-injury</a>
Real Madrid's Fernando Gago out for three weeks as injury nightmare continues
5 Mar 2011

Real Madrid have revealed that midfielder Fernando Gago will be out for three weeks with a muscle injury.

The 24-year-old was forced to leave Madrid's training session on Friday morning and underwent "a magnetic resonance at Sanitas La Moraleja Hospital."

It was then revealed that the Argentina international has suffered a right adductor muscle injury.

"The player has a second degree injury on his right adductor muscle and will miss three weeks," read a statement on Madrid's official website.

"His progress will be monitored by the Medical Staff."

Gago has featured in just four Spanish Primera Division matches for Madrid under coach Jose Mourinho this season and came on as a second-half substitute in their 7-0 win against Malaga at the Bernabeu on Thursday evening.

Wish we could just get rid, does us no good to have these guys hanging around.

Feel sorry for Ned, though.

3 weeks to offload them.

What is this new super John Williams doing? Apart from finding a team for Jo paying exactly zero amount for him. Great job.
And selling Boateng just a little bit over what we paid for him.

He should really show now why he is in the management.

No Manchester City player is safe from Roberto Mancini's axe
Rob Dawson
August 10, 2011

Defender Joleon Lescott admits he faces a battle to stay in the City side this season
As the City players wandered through the mixed zone at Wembley on Sunday, those who stopped for a brief chat all had the same thing to say: ‘It has never been a better time to be a Blue’.

But with the big players, the big wages and the chance to win the biggest prizes the game has to offer comes an internal battle that is fought every day on the Carrington training pitches.

Competition for places has never been more fierce. Roberto Mancini will have to whittle down the 35 senior pros at his disposal into a 25-man squad for the Premier League and Champions League.

Bolster

That Mancini can do without established stars such as Craig Bellamy, Emmanuel Adebayor, Nedum Onouha and Wayne Bridge – all of whom would walk into most teams – says all you need to know about the strength of the squad.

The pressure to perform each week isn’t lost on Joleon Lescott, who has seen Mancini bolster his options at the back with the arrival of Gael Clichy and Stefan Savic.

Kolo Toure will also be free to play after September 2 when his six-month ban for failing a drugs test comes to an end.

Lescott got the nod to partner Vincent Kompany at the heart of the defence during the Community Shield at Wembley but the duo were at fault for a goal apiece as United came back from 2-0 down. And with the start of City’s Premier League season just five days away, the England defender knows he – nor any of his team-mates – can’t afford any more slip-ups if he wants to keep his place.

“Gael has been a great addition to the squad,” said the 28-year-old. “Not just on the field but his personality as well.

“It feels like he has been here for years.

“If he can continue to settle and gel as well as he has then I’m sure everyone will be comfortable.

“It’s the same with Stefan Savic. He has been outstanding in training and obviously I know that he’s going to be on my heels to get into the team.

“That keeps you on your toes and I know I need to play well to stay in the team.”

Savic, a £6m signing from Partizan Belgrade, was a relative unknown in England before completing his move. But the same can’t be said for City’s other addition, Sergio Aguero.

Videos of spectacular Aguero goals for Atletico Madrid and Argentina were hurriedly passed between City fans as news of his impending arrival spread. But Lescott, for one, knew exactly what the Blues were getting for their club record fee.

“I didn’t have to watch videos on YouTube to see how good Aguero is,” said Lescott. “I know about him, he’s a household name. I saw a lot of him last season when there was talk of him going to different clubs, but if he can produce the level of goals he did last season then he will be a great signing.”

Warned

City start their Premier League campaign with Swansea’s visit to the Etihad Stadium on Monday.

Lescott says he’s happy with City’s tag as one of the favourites to lift the title but warned that didn’t mean teams like new boys Swansea would be happy to roll over.

“We’re not going to get carried away and say we’re going to win the league but that’s our aim,” added Lescott.

“Swansea like to play football. I saw a lot of them last season and they do like to play. They’ve got some exciting players and we know it’s not going to be an easy game.

“But again, we’re confident going into any game. It’s going to be at the Etihad Stadium and the emphasis is going to be on us to take the game to them.

“Obviously we’re not at our peak condition but nobody is going to be for the first game of the season. But we’ll progress and get some benefit from every game we play in.”

Is there really no way back for some of these players, i can't believe that we would be unhappy having Nedum, Bellamy and Ade in the squad. times have changed over the last 12 months and both Bellers and Ade are no longer big fish, surely given the right man management they would have a role to play this year. i fully understand that attitudes come into this and that these guys are lacking in this department but i still feel all three could do a job for us.

RSC, i would just release him to anyone who wants to take the risk.

Is John Williams failing in the role he was assigned to do? (Presumably) He sold Given but Given hardly falls on the list of "get rid!" as the club would have loved to have kept him as #2. Jo, fair enough, well done getting rid. But Bellamy, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bridge, and Onuoha (although I would like him to stay) are still here with the deadline window fast approaching. Can only hope for some late deals but the way it is going it'll be the usual "loan them out, pay a big % of wages" crap.

The trouble is the 5-yr contracts There really ought to be a mechanism that allows clubs to reduce their costs when players aren't required anymore. Something like a 12-month notice clause or a much lower basic topped up by appearance money, so players are better off playing rather than sat on the bench or even doing nothing.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The trouble is the 5-yr contracts There really ought to be a mechanism that allows clubs to reduce their costs when players aren't required anymore. Something like a 12-month notice clause or a much lower basic topped up by appearance money, so players are better off playing rather than sat on the bench or even doing nothing.
High Noon approaches - if they prefer to stay at City as non squad members there is a big problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.