Striking Duo

Think we actually have two striking duos, with numerous other players who can play as second striker in a pinch.

Dzeko and Jovetic
Negredo and Aguero

Silva, Nasri, Yaya, and Rodwell can all play in that hole.

I think last season when on form, Aguero and Negredo was out best partnership.

Dzeko and Jovetic looks potentially a very good one as well.

Whilst it looks good on paper, I am not convinced until I see it in action whether an Aguero - Jovetic partnership would work as I see both players wanting to make similar runs in the box.

El Mago said:
Jovetic with anyone else.

This for me as well. Jovetic is good at tracking back and helping out in the midfield if he has too. He can play a one two with anyone of the strikers. For me the reason Aguero and Dzeko don't work together is that they are both looking to make runs and don't help out defensively. They also don't have as much capability to help out with possession in the midfield. Negredo and Aguero works more because Alf tracks back and holds up the ball rather well. He also isn't selfish and will pass when he needs to.

1. I think it will simply depend on matchups/opponents and form.

2. We probably have the best 4 striker combination in the world.

3. Dzeko and Jovetic come from similar football philosophy and definitely understand each other very well.

4. Take it easy with Jovo though. He is a great player, but these are friendly games...let's see if he can maintain in regular season...due to injuries last season he will probably still need time in EPL...

5. That said, if Aguero is not fully fit of course we'll start with Dzeko and Jovetic. Once Kun is back we'll go Dzeko and Kun with Jovetic playing significant minutes...

Jovetic and Aguero whenever fit should be our primary two imo. We need them to develop an understanding. It could be the best partnership in the world imo.

TonyM said:
Jovetic and Aguero whenever fit should be our primary two imo. We need them to develop an understanding. It could be the best partnership in the world imo.

Who will score the headers? We need that dimension too in our attack. Either Dzeko or Negredo should be one of the pair IMO for this reason alone.

Dzeko and Kun for me but last season proved that we can rotate them with very little being lost and The Beast, Kun and Dzeko have had last season too know how each other play, just Jovetic too slot in and away we go.

Jovetic and aguero could really something special
Aguero and first half of the season negredo have proven to be the better than any other striking duo in the premier league last year
Dzeko and jovetic has potential
No matter what we have the best strike force in England by a country mile, and would go as far to say that it's the best in the world

TonyM said:

Too small. We would be too one dimensional/no aerial threat....tiki-taka is all but dead anyway...need either Dzeko or Negredo in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.