Stuart Pearce

Hughes was a decent coach for Blackburn - was ok for us but our owner knew we needed to upgrade the coach. Signed Vinny, Zabba, Bellers, de Jong, Tevez, Lescott, Barry and brought back SWP. One or two duds as well that didn't work, but for the above mentioned alone he deserves a bit of praise don't you think? Hughes was/is light years ahead of Pearce as a coach.

The problem is all those players were not the version of player we look back on fondly. It was the next managers who made them the great players who influenced our success. Komps as an example was an average holding midfielder and Zabba a struggling fullback.

I really liked him growing up. Thought he was a brilliant no nonsense full back who seemed like a pretty normal bloke who you could enjoy a drink with and a chat.
Listening to some of the absolute fuckwittery that has come out of his mouth in recent years I accept I was very very wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.