Stupid little things that bug you

The inappropriate use of the word amazing. It’s not amazing that I’ll be in Tuesday or amazing that that my gas meter is in a cupboard outside or amazing you can park outside my house. Some fleas can jump over 200 times their own body length, that’s amazing.
Amazing post mate.

The inappropriate use of the word amazing. It’s not amazing that I’ll be in Tuesday or amazing that that my gas meter is in a cupboard outside or amazing you can park outside my house. Some fleas can jump over 200 times their own body length, that’s amazing.
Quite right. I read reviews on Trip Adviser about pubs or hotels and find that "the chips wwere amazing" or "the staff were amazing", or even "the bread was amazing".
I have never been amazed by a chip or some bread in my life.
For some reason, it is used o mean "very good", which is a total misuse of the word.

Quite right. I read reviews on Trip Adviser about pubs or hotels and find that "the chips wwere amazing" or "the staff were amazing", or even "the bread was amazing".
I have never been amazed by a chip or some bread in my life.
For some reason, it is used o mean "very good", which is a total misuse of the word.
Totally agree, what's wrong with just saying everything is awesome. ;)

Having watched "The Piano" recently, Lang Lang described virtually every performance as "amazing". Lost its impact after a while!

Last edited:
We would have to see pics of you and Tuesday in order to determine whether or not it would be amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.