Stupid little things that bug you

The stringy bits on the side of the banana when you peel it, so irritating
The sainted David Attenborough, on TV a few years ago, mentioned that monkeys always bananas from the "wrong "end (i.e. not the joined up end). He added that by doing this, you avoid the stringy bits.
I don't like bananas so never trued his advice.

The sainted David Attenborough, on TV a few years ago, mentioned that monkeys always bananas from the "wrong "end (i.e. not the joined up end). He added that by doing this, you avoid the stringy bits.
I don't like bananas so never trued his advice.

I wouldn't usually question Saint Dave but....I vaguely recall trying this year's ago and it didn't work. Maybe I was peeling it clockwise instead of anti ?

Football managers who stand stony-faced and motionless when their team scores an important/good goal and everyone else around them is going bonkers.

Example - Watching the Scotland game and when they go 1-0 up, the Scottish players/fans are going crazy, and rightly so. Steve Clarke stands there as if nothing has happened, not even a hint of emotion.

Is it a "I'm too cool to get a little excited" thing, part of the act of being manager that you should keep a calm head, or are people like this just miserable bastards? I've seen plenty do it.

Football managers who stand stony-faced and motionless when their team scores an important/good goal and everyone else around them is going bonkers.

Example - Watching the Scotland game and when they go 1-0 up, the Scottish players/fans are going crazy, and rightly so. Steve Clarke stands there as if nothing has happened, not even a hint of emotion.

Is it a "I'm too cool to get a little excited" thing, part of the act of being manager that you should keep a calm head, or are people like this just miserable bastards? I've seen plenty do it.
Stuart Pearce would have got excited had we scored a goal, but no luck there.
I love Pep on the touchline, so bonkers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.