Stupid little things that bug you

I’m not sure if it’s a little thing, but the creeping Americanisation of British English.

A few weeks ago, a contestant on a game show gave an answer to a question about Vincent van Gogh as "van gow".

Other examples:

outside of
Off of
Putting month before day on dates, I.e. July 12th, instead of 12th July.
And many more.

I fucking hate it!

I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Putting month before day on dates, I.e. July 12th, instead of 12th July.
And many more.

I fucking hate it!

I just wanted to get that off my chest.
To be fair the yanks copied that from Britain, originally it was month, date, year in Britain until Britain changed it to the present way to fit in with the rest of the world a long time ago.

To be fair the yanks copied that from Britain, originally it was month, date, year in Britain until Britain changed it to the present way to fit in with the rest of the world a long time ago.
Let’s face it, the Brits are all fucked up with the language, spell more French than English, I think we’re going to take it over and get them up to speed

Let’s face it, the Brits are all fucked up with the language, spell more French than English, I think we’re going to take it over and get them up to speed
The English language is made up of of alsorts of languages imported by immigration and imvasion. Billy Shakespeare finally sorted it out and the rest is 'istory. Facsinating stuff if you dig deep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.