Stupid little things that bug you

Army recruitment adverts that fail to mention the real point of an army. Yesterday's offering on tv had a young lady who joined up because she wants to play football with some mates. Are these adverts really designed to attract the right people to our armed services ?
Reminds me of the old Monty python sketch where the guy was surprised he was expected to kill people after he joined the army.
He said he only joined for the travel and skiing.
Apparently no-one mentioned killing anyone.

In football, when clubs do things at the wrong time…

On Wednesday, City had a light show that was Hallowe’en themed. It was 23rd October. Hallowe’en isn’t even in the same week, it isn’t even within a week of that day.

Annoying!

I see tonight that Leicester are having their Remembrance commemoration. Remembrance Sunday isnt until 10th November, obviously Armistice Day is the day after. They are more than half a month away from today.

If the match doesn’t fall on the immediate few days around the event, these things shouldn’t happen. If it so happens that a team doesn’t have a home game around these events, they just do them the next year they do.

Last edited:
I tried to book an appointment for my wife to have an ultrasound scan today.
She asked me to book it for her as her English isn't very good.
I rang the number on the letter and they asked if my wife was with me?
Of course, she wasn't, so I couldn't make the appointment for her as they wanted to ask her some security questions to make sure that I had her permission to make the appt.!
I said I didn't want to know anything about her medical history, just book an appt. for her, but I was refused!
World's gone mad when a husband can't book an appt. for his wife!!

Luckily the 'Patient Management Centre' was still open when I got back home (the line closes at 8pm) so I managed to get the aopt. booked in the end.

I tried to book an appointment for my wife to have an ultrasound scan today.
She asked me to book it for her as her English isn't very good.
I rang the number on the letter and they asked if my wife was with me?
Of course, she wasn't, so I couldn't make the appointment for her as they wanted to ask her some security questions to make sure that I had her permission to make the appt.!
I said I didn't want to know anything about her medical history, just book an appt. for her, but I was refused!
World's gone mad when a husband can't book an appt. for his wife!!

Luckily the 'Patient Management Centre' was still open when I got back home (the line closes at 8pm) so I managed to get the aopt. booked in the end.
See where you're coming from but you could be a nutter, an ex husband or someone else with a grudge with her on a wind up. They don't know you from Adam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.