Stupid little things that bug you

People who ask (or did when coffee shops used to be open) for a laaaaate. I've even heard northerners say it. The a is a short vowel making it latte rhyming with twatty.

Adding insult to injury those who prefix this with "Can I get..."

Quite right, LB. If you ask an Italian waiter or barman for a caffe con "laaaahtay" they won't have a clue what you mean. And if I were serving in a cafe or bar etc and someone said to me "can I get" I'd say, "No, that's all right, I'll get it for you. You stay here."

People who just have to tell you what they are having for dinner and posting photos to show you
On Twitter

Ffs
Quite right. It's Insta all the way for me. RJbyDesign if anyone wants to check out avocado on toast and some dead cute pictures of foxes. That's the vulpine variety in case you all got excited.

Quite right, LB. If you ask an Italian waiter or barman for a caffe con "laaaahtay" they won't have a clue what you mean. And if I were serving in a cafe or bar etc and someone said to me "can I get" I'd say, "No, that's all right, I'll get it for you. You stay here."

I'd just go "you can get out"...

I did know that, my point being the way they have changed the month and day round for no good reason. I highlighted the terrible tragedy to show how stupid it now sounds.
I know you did, but a roll of the dice really, your 7-11 reference was craps and at odds with your point.
Now I just want to go back to Vegas.
"7-11! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!"

My Mrs will go to the bog and I'll say "do you want me to pause it" she says no, it's OK and then comes back downstairs and ask me if anything has happened.

Makes me want to throttle her.
And last night she insisted on watching BGT. Sure as night follows day 20 minutes in she went up to bed. At least she did it in good time for me to watch a couple of films.

People who ask (or did when coffee shops used to be open) for a laaaaate. I've even heard northerners say it. The a is a short vowel making it latte rhyming with twatty.
Indeed! Latte an Italian word meaning ‘milk’ and is pronounced “lat”(as in bay cat mat...twat) with an “e” at the end. Latte. It actually couldn’t be any easier as every letter in the word is pronounced as it phonetically sounds.

It’s the same with Milan. In Italian it’s pronounced Meelan... our way of saying Milan as we do is fine but some people say Milaaarn. Proper annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.