Stupid little things that bug you

I like a strong Glaswegian accent MP, I find it endearing. Was a time when I could hardly understand what you cunts said though up there. I'd be in a bar in Glasgae and would have to ask them to speak the queen's English slower as I'm a bit deaf and sometimes have to lip-read. Fook me Jimmy. If they were a left footer I'd see outrage in a blood red contorted face followed by a weird Scottish Max Headroom rambling on as fast as a washer on full spin cycle mate.

You ****; )

It's Glesga with a single a. Apart from that you're bang on. You ****

I love all the brilliant variations of the same language we have. For years it was our working class accents, from wherever we lived, were seen as almost a character flaw. A lack of intelligence. Well they can fuck right off. Our accents, colloquialisms, are every bit a valuable as any marble sucking **** could produce.

This is how we speak. Accept it or fuck off.
I hate the less intelligence end of Mancunian stuff:
Heees (his)
We won dem (we beat them)
I seen him (I saw him/“a sore’im” sounds more Manc than what they say)
I fink he frew it frough de fick fingy (I think he threw it through the thick thingy)

I don’t think this is colloquialism, I genuinely think they do sound thick (fink de do sound fick)!

I’m not bothered about how strong someone’s accent is, but use the correct words. You can sound the most Mancunian (or Glaswegian for that matter) person that’s ever lived but still talk properly.

Heees (his)
I fink he frew it frough de fick fingy (I think he threw it through the thick thingy)

I don’t think this is colloquialism, I genuinely think they do sound thick (fink de do sound fick)!

I’m not bothered about how strong someone’s accent is, but use the correct words. You can sound the most Mancunian (or Glaswegian for that matter) person that’s ever lived but still talk properly.

How is posh properly? Asking for a friend. Who decides what is correct? I always speak "properly" to be understood with people with different accents etc. But not when I am speaking to fellow Weegies.. if you are understood that's what communication is. But speaking in your local.dialect is absolutely fine.

Train guy jargon.

Network not fretwork
Win win count me in city
Let’s place that in the thought fridge and snack on it later
I’ll ping you in the loop
Yeah Llondon yeah yeah
Geoff Linton!

Bob Mortimer rips these business types to shreds!

I'd never heard of the thought fridge before your post and I don't think I want to hear of it again.

I'd never heard of the thought fridge before your post and I don't think I want to hear of it again.
So I've never heard it either. Though I love it.... I'm retired now but, I'll use it in the next meeting I ever have with the farming contractors that now work for me .... I'll let you know how it goes.....

They will drag me out the back .. and beat the shit outta me.... ever met any kiwi farmers ? But I'll give it a go and let you know ....

Heees (his)

Mate of mine who lives in Sweden writes to me in what he calls Hyde grammar.
Always starts the email off with "Oreet"
Then he joins words together, like "I'm having" becomes "amavin"

Now I do it as well. Haha

Always ends with "reet, amof, sithi"

Translated as, right, I'm off, see you'

Sometimes it takes a long time to read his emails :)

I like a strong Glaswegian accent MP, I find it endearing. Was a time when I could hardly understand what you cunts said though up there. I'd be in a bar in Glasgae and would have to ask them to speak the queen's English slower as I'm a bit deaf and sometimes have to lip-read. Fook me Jimmy. If they were a left footer I'd see outrage in a blood red contorted face followed by a weird Scottish Max Headroom rambling on as fast as a washer on full spin cycle mate.

You ****; )

bur-gur-lur-gur-dur-gur-dar-lur-gur ah-laaarrmmm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.