Stupid little things that bug you

Cyclists on pavements, especially ones who don't slow down to pass actual pedestrians. So many of us wear earphones and could quite easily step to the side to avoid some unpleasantness without realising you're coming up behind (oo, er, missus) and cause quite a nasty accident.
Poke your walking stick through the spokes, the front wheel is best*.

*Please don't do this (disclaimer).

Cyclists on pavements, especially ones who don't slow down to pass actual pedestrians. So many of us wear earphones and could quite easily step to the side to avoid some unpleasantness without realising you're coming up behind (oo, er, missus) and cause quite a nasty accident.

Especially those that don't use a bell when they are approaching up behind you.

Especially those that don't use a bell when they are approaching up behind you.
As a cyclist and a pedestrian I think bells are largely useless. By the time the pedestrian has registered the bell and worked out where it originated the cyclist is usually already beside them. Better to creep up silently and shout "Oi!", I find they move much faster.

People saying "done" when they should say "did". Half the pundits on MOTD are guilty of this. Perhaps they left school at about 13 yrs to play football 24/7, but even so it is such basic English and really not difficult to get the hang of, is it? Or is it just me who really gets wound up by this? I cringe every time I hear it.
I see what you done there! ;)

Here in Co Durham cyclists appear to like to ride on busy roads when there is a perfectly adequate cycle path 2 yards away. They also appear to not have to take any notice of traffic lights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.