Stupid little things that bug you

Aye, I suppose if you bet regularly it makes sense. I can't remember the last time I had a bet, must be over 25 years! Somehow I can work out the win probability (cheers Wally) and the direction/magnitude of movement better using fractions, I have to convert these decimals.
I get it mate. I don't bet often at all, and i prefer fractions for a general sense of the odds, but if i want to figure out my winnings i find it marginally quicker with decimals, i.e.

if i put a fiver on something at 5/2 winnings are £5 / 2 * 5 = £12.50 + £5 = £17.50
if i know the decimal is (in this case) 3.5 i find it easier to just say £5 * 3.5 = £17.50

tomayto tomahto

Things that are snug around my calves. high socks, tight trousers. Drives me absolutely loopy. I can't deal with it so if my socks are even slightly pulled up I have to roll them down.

Win percentages for managers or teams.
Win 3 and draw seven league games gives a win percentage of only 30% but gets 16 points while winning five and losing five gives a win percentage of 50% but only 15 points.
A points percentage makes more sense but the maths are probably beyond most pundits, even though 11 year olds could calculate them.

Why refs never do what want them to, I had £4 at 200-1 on both teams to miss a pen tonight, got interesting when jesus missed his then a swindon player falls over in the box & I am convinced its going to happen ...................
But the ref waves play on!

Why refs never do what want them to, I had £4 at 200-1 on both teams to miss a pen tonight, got interesting when jesus missed his then a swindon player falls over in the box & I am convinced its going to happen ...................
But the ref waves play on!
The sort of ridiculous bets I do!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.