Stupid little things that bug you

People are their obsession with their phones on public transport get on my wick.

If they’re not bumping into you because they’re looking at their screen and not the wider world they’re filming themselves.

There was one lad on the Met on the way to a game last year and he was filming himself smoking an e-cig, exhaling the smoke, and singing along to some line in a song. So I kept putting my hand in shot and giving it the wanker sign. He kept staring again, I kept doing it… he got off the Met!
If I see someone on the street just looking down on their phone whilst ambling along I deliberately walk straight at them. Sad but loads of fun .

Re: the knobheads that walk around like zombies on their phones. I love it when they are crossing the street and are completely oblivious to the fact that if it wasn't for me paying attention, they'd be dead.
I like to alert them to the fact by slipping my truck into neutral and stomping on the accelerator.
You can sometimes even get to see the colour drain from their face.

The Tesco self checkout announcement "Don't forget to scan your Clubcard" in a very camp male voice.

White blokes with dreadlocks.
Contrary to popular opinion dreadlocks have been common amongst Europeans since time immemorial. So, if someone accuses a white man of cultural appropriation for wearing them, they are just demonstrating their own ignorance. The idea that locks are of Caribbean origin is false. See ”nitty gritty”.

Our mix-and-match usage of imperial and metric system measurements bugs me.

My height, chest, waist, inside leg, shoe size, weight, distance to somewhere, speed I’m travelling, the drink I order at the pub, the burger I order from Charcoal Pit etc etc. are all taken in imperial measurements.

But the weights at the gym, bottles of Coke at the shop, and furniture from IKEA are all taken in metric.

Just fucking stick with one or the other.

I’ve never once changed my scales to KGs to see how much I weigh, so why are the weights in the gym in KGs? Makes no sense!

“I’m doing a ten ‘kay’ run soon, hoping to build up to a marathon one day”… Why is one 10km but the other 26miles? Fucking make them both km or both miles.
Eggs still sold in sixes and dozens….er money went decimal in 1971 ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.