Stupid little things that bug you

Service stations at motorways started it, now car parks are doing it. Ring and Go is the main company. Allowing you to put money in means they have to pay someone to empty the machine so it's all on an app..... but as Mr Holdall says, wait until you dont read all the rules and regs. One letter or number mistyped? Tough shit, pay the fine.
What about old folk ? my mam doesn't have a smart phone so can't park at her local (council owned) car park.
That's just plain old stupid

That's just plain old stupid
Plain old greed. Old people no longer count and the rest are seen as cash cows. Councils are far worse imo than private companies but which ever it is, both are greedy.
Take motorway services. A national company have someone in Chester and someone in Manchester. They have to go to London for a meeting. The simple thing was meet at Knutsford services, park one car up and travel in the other. It's better for the environment for a start. Now they charge you for parking over 2 hours.

There is a car park in Durham City that has been logging the reg no's of cars that are simply passing on the road, The owners then get a letter saying they didn't pay for their visit to the car park.

Carparks.
They can truely fuck off.
Pay by phone , download the fucking App, set up an account , get to the small print 20 minutes later, no vans on this car park so had to go somewhere else. Got on the car park , download a different app, set up account and now I have to pay for 24 hours not the 6 hours I wanted.
Car park twats can fuck right off.
There is a village we used to call in on the way to Pembrokeshire, let the dogs on the beach and go and have a meal in the pub....then some bright spark on the council decided to go all techie and install a fancy ticket machine and app etc etc. We now go somewhere else and a few months ago the village was on TV complaining about the loss of business. Keep it simple stupid.

There is a village we used to call in on the way to Pembrokeshire, let the dogs on the beach and go and have a meal in the pub....then some bright spark on the council decided to go all techie and install a fancy ticket machine and app etc etc. We now go somewhere else and a few months ago the village was on TV complaining about the loss of business. Keep it simple stupid.
Similar thing but street parking. A proper, family run carpet shop near me. Traded for years. The council thought it a great idea to charge £2 for street parking outside. The poor bloke offers to refund customers the money but so many who don't know that, dont call in.
As I said in an earlier post, councils are worse than private.

Similar thing but street parking. A proper, family run carpet shop near me. Traded for years. The council thought it a great idea to charge £2 for street parking outside. The poor bloke offers to refund customers the money but so many who don't know that, dont call in.
As I said in an earlier post, councils are worse than private.
Councils......fucking hate them, jobs for life and justifying a wage. We've had the drive outside work tarmaced, 2 guys 2 days to do the job...took 3 councilors with clip boards and cameras and several hours of talking about it to open the road...." ffs lads, just open the road I'm loosing business here and you lot will still be expecting your rates at the end of the year ". As someone said, like rusty rifles....dont work, cant fire them.

There is a car park in Durham City that has been logging the reg no's of cars that are simply passing on the road, The owners then get a letter saying they didn't pay for their visit to the car park.
Some car parks have also been sending bills to drivers who arrive and leave straightaway as there are no empty spaces.

Stupid bloody ballet dancing plinky plonky music on BBC reality programmes.

There’s one with Tom Kerridge on BBC2 now, the music is winding me right up to the point that I’m going to turn it over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.