Stupid little things that bug you

Bit of a niche Bolton / Wigan thing I imagine.

Where else on earth would a “pie barm” be a thing?
You’d think that Johnny and it is more popular (I can say that as that’s exactly where I live) but I’ve seen it all over Greater Manchester, even ‘The Buck’ pub vault, Ashton-on-Mersey, as far back as 1991, I remember that one because it was the first time I’d ever witnessed a man (well three to be precise) trying to look intimidating whilst eating a pie barm, fuckin weird.

Bookmakers adverts on TV. Not the moral aspect but the content.

Because they’re basically all offering an identical product they’re reduced to trying to entice us with nonsense like… At William Hill you can bet on football matches. Or.. Here at Corals we accept bets on horse racing.

It’s the equivalent of Tesco tempting us with enticers such as… Shop at Tesco because we sell bread.

Lager brands are the same. Lager is all basically the same shit let’s be honest.

“Drink Heineken. It gets you pissed.”

Whilst I can see your point, it's never wise to get on the wrong side of Doctors receptionists. :)
Absolutely! In truth though, I've made the same point several times and I always make sure it's taken as a light-hearted comment. No one has got annoyed- YET!
Although said receptionist did get a little cross because I pressed the call buzzer three times. Problem is you can't hear it.

Shit drivers is one thing but I find it more irritating when they're in a really shit car.

Shit drivers is one thing but I find it more irritating when they're in a really shit car.
Shit drivers usually drive Audis, BMWs or Mercedes in my long driving experience. They have to get to the front before anyone else because their time is obviously more valuable then anyone else’s.

Shit drivers usually drive Audis, BMWs or Mercedes in my long driving experience. They have to get to the front before anyone else because their time is obviously more valuable than anyone else’s.
Drivers of those cars always seem to be driving or trying to drive 15 mph when slow moving morning or evening traffic is moving at around 0-5 mph.

Shit drivers usually drive Audis, BMWs or Mercedes in my long driving experience. They have to get to the front before anyone else because their time is obviously more valuable then anyone else’s.

You aren't wrong but I also feel some drivers think your car is worthless just because their car is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.