Stupid little things that bug you

People that answer questions with "so..."
Somebody was doing it on the Chase just now.
Brad: "what do you do..?"
Contestant "so... i just started to..." "so...I'm working on.." So...fuck off.
Wish I could give you a thousand 'likes' for this Marklr. Thought it was just me. Every time I hear it, I feel like murdering someone! You can pretty much guarantee it's the same morons who use the so-called 'upward inflection' at the end of a sentence so that every statement sounds like a fucking question. See below.

Wish I could give you a thousand 'likes' for this Marklr. Thought it was just me. Every time I hear it, I feel like murdering someone! You can pretty much guarantee it's the same morons who use the so-called 'upward inflection' at the end of a sentence so that every statement sounds like a fucking question. See below.
That's that Australian thing, isn't it. ARGGGHHHHH!!!
I despise it. Apparently it's not good for the mouth to talk in that style...
..not near me, it isn't anyway.

Doing my shopping this morning in Warrington Morrisons, a "gorgeous" (trout pout, too much make up, hair extensions etc) 30something went straight to the salad bar and filled up a container.

She then proceeded to walk round the store, eating it.

Not only that, she showed everyone that passed her, the contents of her mouth. I've seen pigs, snouts in troughs with better eating etiquette.

Chavvy cow

Billy Ballbag.

Otherwise known as Guillem Balague.

People hang on his every word, as he's classed as a Spanish football expert.

No. He's a Spanish journalist that has a mouthpiece for his opinions. He's no better than the English ones we deride on here.

Let's not forget, he said David Silva will get homesick, and won't last a year.....

How did that work out, Billy?

That's that Australian thing, isn't it. ARGGGHHHHH!!!
I despise it. Apparently it's not good for the mouth to talk in that style...
..not near me, it isn't anyway.
No, not Australian originally, like most cultural "fashions" these days it's American "valley speak", San Fernando valley, California. The Frank Zappa song Valley Girl, from 1982, is a musical testament to the phenomenon.

Many young Australians have adopted it, as they have adopted the word "like" , especially young girls.

"So I'm like...He was Like....And it was like...etc etc.

Australians copy America a lot, culturally. It's getting more American here than English.

Times are hard bud. And us mods all have Audi R8 company cars to run. Those things don't run on fresh air, you know? We need to maximise the earning potential of the forum the best way we can.
I thought you’d upgraded to Mercedes now with a Rolls Royce for the Boss of you all?

I never try to get rid of the adverts…
a) because I wouldn’t want to deprive you of your little perks and
b) let’s face it after reading my daft posts you need a reward
c) I haven’t the faintest idea how to get rid of them anyway. :-)

:-) ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.