Stupid little things that bug you

I had a Union Jack with MCFC on it many, many years ago, that was apparently upside side.

I didn’t do it deliberately but I’m glad it was, just for the amusement of the number of people it annoyed.
An inverted flag was often used to signal distress. Perhaps many years ago, when City were in the 3rd, it may have been appropriate!

If I was coming up with a sign to let people know I was in distress, I reckon I could come up with something a bit more obvious than that.
It would often be flown from castles under siege or naval vessels in a fleet. Not so much hung from a bedroom window when City lose (used to lose).

That band The Lottery Winners...... Going to get the number one album although they are boring to listen to, boring to watch live and the singer is such a pompous mouthy git, in which when they supported Shed Seven once, he spent as much time telling unfunny smutty jokes as much as playing songs (one of which was about sharing his underwear with the female bassist). Never thought they would take off after that support slot, just stay a band playing big venues as a support act and headline the toilet circuit only.

Let's reform Oasis, get the Stone Roses back at Heaton Park and make Manchester's music scene great again. A lot from this great city has been missing musically these past few years, with only past glories to celebrate, while five minutes of fame indie bands come and go.

Wow.... that was quite lengthy for a minor thing!.

People who stand in shops talking to their friends who work there. It’s a pet hate of mine so I always become very difficult. Today:

-Yes please, mate.
-I’m sorry? Are you talking to me?
-Come to the till, please.
-But you haven’t finished serving this gentleman yet.
-No, it’s ok.
-No it’s not. I’m not in the habit of pushing past people.
-He’s not being served.
-Is he going to get out of my way?
-Im sorry?
-I said, is your friend going to get out of my way?

Eventually the old bastard in his Harrington jacket does so but scowls. He was blocking the till.

I worked in retail as a teenager and our friends weren’t allowed to come in if they were just there to chat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.