Stupid little things that bug you

Oh nice nice. Never smoked my own fish tbh but i really should. How long do you smoke your trout for and do you cold smoke it or hot? What temps if hot? Sorry for the avalanche of questions but it is damn expensive so don't want to mess it up. A strong wood is ok right? pretty sure i have had oak smoked salmon and trout before.
The prep is the important part. I lime to do a dry rub, marinate for 24 hrs, wash and let dry until a good pellicle appears

I can't find a rack of pork ribs anywhere. Even my local butcher gets everything basically prepared somewhere else. I can't get a full brisket either, i mean come on. I ordered a brisket from the butcher and it came as just the flat with no fatcap rolled and tied just as you get in an asda lets say. I even said i just want the primal cut, no trimming, ill do all that but apparently that is to much to ask.

Ribs are seemingly all cut into individual ribs everywhere i have looked, moggies, asda, tesco, waitrose, coop, everywhere. Am i just looking at the wrong shops or something? If they are in a full rack then they are already vacuum sealed and cooked with a glaze already on the damn things. I feel like everyone is laughing behind my back here hiding them.

I just bought a new smoker and want to give this big bugger a first use worthy of the damn thing. Well i am calling Hazeldines and Norbury farms butchers who are a 2min walk from my old mums back in the Grove tomorrow to see if they can sort me out.

Rant over!

Regards,
A man in pork rib poverty
You might get them in a Chinese supermarket. Wing Yip or somewhere.

The increasing number of sites on the internet that won't let you in unless you turn off your adblocker.

OK, fair enough, you just won't get my traffic. I have an ad blocker on for a reason.

In McDonalds with my lad and this bellend hands me a lukewarm coffee that had obviously been sat there waiting for hours.

I made him get me another one, and the replacement one was even worse. Unfortunately, I was too British to ask for another

The amount of restaurants that don't serve regular coke anymore. I personally don't like the taste of diet coke or coke zero, and sometimes I just need a regular coke. I include city in this, you can't get one at the etihad.

I can't find a rack of pork ribs anywhere. Even my local butcher gets everything basically prepared somewhere else. I can't get a full brisket either, i mean come on. I ordered a brisket from the butcher and it came as just the flat with no fatcap rolled and tied just as you get in an asda lets say. I even said i just want the primal cut, no trimming, ill do all that but apparently that is to much to ask.

Ribs are seemingly all cut into individual ribs everywhere i have looked, moggies, asda, tesco, waitrose, coop, everywhere. Am i just looking at the wrong shops or something? If they are in a full rack then they are already vacuum sealed and cooked with a glaze already on the damn things. I feel like everyone is laughing behind my back here hiding them.

I just bought a new smoker and want to give this big bugger a first use worthy of the damn thing. Well i am calling Hazeldines and Norbury farms butchers who are a 2min walk from my old mums back in the Grove tomorrow to see if they can sort me out.

Rant over!

Regards,
A man in pork rib poverty
Have you tried the any of the farm shop/organic type places mate ?
My lads been a butcher for the last 20 years, I’ll speak to him later and find out what’s going on if you let me know what it is exactly what you’re looking for .

Have you tried the any of the farm shop/organic type places mate ?
My lads been a butcher for the last 20 years, I’ll speak to him later and find out what’s going on if you let me know what it is exactly what you’re looking for .
Im am going to a few today mate to see whats what. I can probably sort the ribs but a full untouched brisket (fat cap on) is like rocking horse shit. So if you have time to ask about that i would be eternally grateful sir.

Im am going to a few today mate to see whats what. I can probably sort the ribs but a full untouched brisket (fat cap on) is like rocking horse shit. So if you have time to ask about that i would be eternally grateful sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.