Stupid little things that bug you

I really do grimace whenever I hear people say "Twenny" instead of twenty. It is now becoming prevalent, even with BBC presenters. I was watching athletics on the BBC last weekend and before the start of the 200 meters race, the commentator was giving all the athlete's best times. He must have said "Twenny" about thirty times in as many seconds.

Also, why do some athletes make silly gestures when being announced to the crowd?
Its provocative, it gets the people going.

People who say ‘ff’ instead of ‘th’ sound like little infants who haven’t developed their speech properly yet.

Ffick as fuck!
Sky News employs Shingi Mararike who routinely comes out with "free fousand", "vis", "vat", "togevver" "finking", etc. It's bad enough with Beth Rigby and her "thinkin", "doin", "discussin", etc. without another clown broadcasting in slovenly English on the same national TV station. The pair of them are both irritating and unlistenable.

Sky News employs Shingi Mararike who routinely comes out with "free fousand", "vis", "vat", "togevver" "finking", etc. It's bad enough with Beth Rigby and her "thinkin", "doin", "discussin", etc. without another clown broadcasting in slovenly English on the same national TV station. The pair of them are both irritating and unlistenable.
Correction. Its Beff Rigby

Jus sayin

I really do grimace whenever I hear people say "Twenny" instead of twenty. It is now becoming prevalent, even with BBC presenters. I was watching athletics on the BBC last weekend and before the start of the 200 meters race, the commentator was giving all the athlete's best times. He must have said "Twenny" about thirty times in as many seconds.

Also, why do some athletes make silly gestures when being announced to the crowd?

It’s pronounced “twe’eh” you posh ****.

;)

Those who buy 1 drink in the likes of Costa Coffee and then set up a work station for the next 2 hours taking up 2 tables. You almost feel you should be whispering to your other half so as not to disturb their very important video conference or telephone call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.