Stupid little things that bug you

Moving on from Macdonalds, a teacher was being interviewed on 5 live today, talking about children needing to go to the loo during class, but, as always seems to be the case these days, she referred to them constantly as students as opposed to pupils. I'm never sure what it was that I missed about 30 odd years ago when this crept in, but, I find it very irritating to hear pupils referred to as students. Don't the latter go to college or universities?
Well, it bugs me, anyway!

Am I missing something here?

Sounds like they were doing a good job getting a clear order for a breakfast because you were being difficult and not just saying what you want off the bat, letting them have to drag it out of you.

Makes you sound like a knob
Yes, they were doing a good job in a regimented corporate way, but I'm looking at menu board about 6ft square with lots of pretty pictures and I'm holding a queue up. I'm old school, they were doing their job and I just wanted a breakfast not an American radio style question and answer quiz.

After the shit I'm taking on here I should have gone to Burger King.

Yes, they were doing a good job in a regimented corporate way, but I'm looking at menu board about 6ft square with lots of pretty pictures and I'm holding a queue up. I'm old school, they were doing their job and I just wanted a breakfast not an American radio style question and answer quiz.

After the shit I'm taking on here I should have gone to Burger King.
But they do multiple things for breakfast, with different options.

Would you go to the cinema and just ask for a ticket for a film without specifying which one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.