Stupid little things that bug you

If they’re commentating on the telly, we’re all watching from the same stand. If you’re at the match, you can’t hear the commentators. You’ve not thought this one through.
There's a brand new technology called Radio.

The hotch-potch use of capital letters at the start of forums on here: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/ - bugs me every time i see it.

Bluemoon forum (capital B but lower case f)
Player Performances (both correct)
EDS and Academy Forum (capitals in the right places)
General football forum (Capital G but lower case f and f)
Transfer forum (capital T but lower case f)
Matchday forum (capital M but lower case f)
Off Topic (both correct)
Classic Threads (both correct)
Tickets and travel exchange (capital T but lower case t and e)
Technical queries (capital T but lower case q).

Last edited by a moderator:
That horrible generic street talk / fabricated accent that's come out of London and is now countrywide. Squeaky, drone with mis pronunciation of words designed to I imagine be intimidating. Apparently goes well with ghastly trainers, tracksuits and a re usable back from JD sports.

Football commentators on TV telling us what's happening when we can see it with our own eyes, as in:

"The cross coming in..." (Yes, we know it is)
"And he's pulled his shot wide" (Oh yes, so he has! Thanks for explaining!)
"His header goes over the bar" (No need to tell us)
"OOOH it's hit the post!" (Thanks. I thought it had struck an invisible force-field)

Your job is to identify players and explain anything that's not immediately obvious, plus the odd intelligent comment. Like referees, you should let the game flow - as Barry Davies did so well.

And don't smother us with non-stop factual irrelevancies, a la Tyldesley or Motson.

Football commentators on TV telling us what's happening when we can see it with our own eyes, as in:

"The cross coming in..." (Yes, we know it is)
"And he's pulled his shot wide" (Oh yes, so he has! Thanks for explaining!)
"His header goes over the bar" (No need to tell us)
"OOOH it's hit the post!" (Thanks. I thought it had struck an invisible force-field)

Your job is to identify players and explain anything that's not immediately obvious, plus the odd intelligent comment. Like referees, you should let the game flow - as Barry Davies did so well.

And don't smother us with non-stop factual irrelevancies, a la Tyldesley or Motson.

Blind people like football as well.

Grammarly adverts between every bloody YouTube video and the way the American narrator says it; "gramrrrly"

That's twice now in recent weeks that Bimbo Bob has challenged a post of mine.

I don't know why he has taken a dislike to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.