Stupid little things that bug you

Had the 'murican football on in the background for a few minutes earlier. But I've taken my medication, and I'm fine again now. Anyway; what is it with the septics pronouncing "route" as "rout"? Yes; it's trivial, but it annoys me. And the weird thing is, they know the correct way to pronounce it.....

And them pronouncing Jaguar as Jag-wire.

Ohhhh and the fucking worst one that infuriates me.....Americans using "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" when they clearly mean the second one. Over 300m in that country and nobody has realised their version means the exact opposite of what they want to say.

I'm not anti-american, nor am I conservative or even pedantic when it comes to language, but I draw the line at saying one thing that means that complete opposite of what you're trying to say.

While I'm at it, people saying they've done a 360⁰ when they mean 180⁰ when they're speaking metaphorically about a major change they have made, not realising that 360⁰ means you're back in the same position.

And them pronouncing Jaguar as Jag-wire.

Ohhhh and the fucking worst one that infuriates me.....Americans using "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" when they clearly mean the second one. Over 300m in that country and nobody has realised their version means the exact opposite of what they want to say.

I'm not anti-american, nor am I conservative or even pedantic when it comes to language, but I draw the line at saying one thing that means that complete opposite of what you're trying to say.

While I'm at it, people saying they've done a 360⁰ when they mean 180⁰ when they're speaking metaphorically about a major change they have made, not realising that 360⁰ means you're back in the same position.
Two countries divided by a common language.

By the way; I think they say "Jag-war", not "Jag-wire"!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.