Stupid little things that bug you

Maybe a major thing, but my partner's parents just don't know how to cut the strings. They still keep telling him to come to them first before he does anything and he's 43.

He recently got a credit card out so we can spread our fuel charges out over six months for a tour of the country we are going on in April, visiting 15 different settlements, only to get nothing but shit from his parents who live a minute walk down the road from him (we live together) to get rid of it, and then told how he stresses his parents out. Instead his parents are going to lend the money and won't stop going on at him, saying how he likes to "rebel" against them.

He's a grown man, he should be allowed to make his own decisions and stand by his mistakes, not have his parents always dictating to him what is right or wrong, while needing their approval for every choice he makes. They also blame me thinking I am a bad influence on him and they don't like me, when it was his idea to get the card. I personally thought it was a good idea. He told them TEN times it's not a joint account and still they won't listen.

They also tell him what clothes he should not be wearing and his father was a terrible passenger in his car with him, always giving criticism deflating his confidence. They both also seem to think that they deserve respect just because they are related to him, when it goes much more deeper than that, it's earned, not served automatically like an inherited Nobel title. His parents overreacted big time to the credit card, giving themselves stress when they said it's him doing it and just now, his father texted him going on about it again, while watching the game.

My parents were the same, when I moved out at the age of 30, they would not stop phoning me, then when I came out gay in late 2022, that was it...... I haven't heard from them since and they blocked my phone number.

Just what is it with parents who cannot move on from the "I don't want you doing that!" stage of parenting?!.

Last edited:
Maybe a major thing, but my partner's parents just don't know how to cut the strings. They still keep telling him to come to them first before he does anything and he's 43.

He recently got a credit card out so we can spread our fuel charges out over six months for a tour of the country we are going on in April, visiting 15 different settlements, only to get nothing but shit from his parents who live a minute walk down the road from him (we love together) to get rid of it, and then told how he stresses his parents out. Instead his parents are going to lend the money and won't stop going on at him, saying how he likes to "rebel" against them.

He's a grown man, he should be allowed to make his own decisions and stand by his mistakes, not have his parents always dictating to him what is right or wrong, while needing their approval for every choice he makes. They also blame me thinking I am a bad influence on him and they don't like me, when it was his idea to get the card. I personally thought it was a good idea. He told them TEN times it's not a joint account and still they won't listen.

They also tell him what clothes he should not be wearing and his father was a terrible passenger in his car with him, always giving criticism deflating his confidence. They both also seem to think that they deserve respect just because they are related to him, when it goes much more deeper than that, it's earned, not served automatically like an inherited Nobel title. Hos parents overreacted big time to the credit card, giving themselves stress when they said it's him doing it and just now, his father texted him going on about it again, while watching the game.

My parents were the same, when I moved out at the age of 30, they would not stop phoning me, then when I came out gay in late 2022, that was it...... I haven't heard from them since and they blocked my phone number.

Just what is it with parents who cannot move on from the "I don't want you doing that!" stage of parenting?!.
I think your fellah needs to take a lot of the blame for this. He needs to either tell them to shut up or just not tell them anything. Why do they know he has a credit card ? What has it to do with them.
There is simply no way you will be away for 6 months if he can't cut the apron strings.
The 2 of you should be living your lives free of any parental shite.

Jesus Christ that's fucking horrible mate....blocking your number ???
I could never even dream of doing that to my grown up son's.
Feel very sorry for you.

I think your fellah needs to take a lot of the blame for this. He needs to either tell them to shut up or just not tell them anything. Why do they know he has a credit card ? What has it to do with them.
There is simply no way you will be away for 6 months if he can't cut the apron strings.
The 2 of you should be living your lives free of any parental shite.
Well, his father said "how can you afford this?", and he said he got a credit card out which is 0 percent interest if paid off in six months. He read the letter and said they will make him pay loads of interest and will end up in jail as "they will keep asking for money he won't afford". He thought that his father would not kick off this fuss due to the 0 percent in six months feature, but he still did.

It has nothing to do with them, but they seem to think everything he does they are involved in for some apron string related reasons. It's more like steal wire than apron strings with these two. When he lived with his parents before he moved out, he lived in a village where a lot of people lost one of their parents, while his two just kept living, living and living even to this very day. It upsets him as he believes the father kicking the bucket is the only way to end it. His father is a manipulative sod and makes his wife think the way she does just to peace-keep. They had him at the ages of 22 and 24, and has outlived his father of the age he was when his father died.

His father's father who just like his son also had an extramarital affair. What a fantastic role model family.

Yep, he should tell them to go away and let him live his life, they say they are "helping" him which is a joke. It's getting to a point where he is losing total trust in his parents and will never tell them anything ever again. He sees these trips with me as an escape. His father has a credit card himself so we don't see the big problem.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ that's fucking horrible mate....blocking your number ???
I could never even dream of doing that to my grown up son's.
Feel very sorry for you.
Cheers mate, it means a lot and it still hurts. They also tried to get rid of my Lucy and Yak clothes as they called them "Gay clothes", by telling me to "snap out of being gay and get it out of your head". I love them and are part of my identity, just like my City shirts.

His father was a homophobic asshole also, but it's no excuse, especially since his best friend from schooldays has three children, two of them are gay and he's proud of them. The gay son likes men in their 50s, which his dad doesn't like very much, but is not letting it disown his own flesh and blood.

My parents did give me a second chance and told me to be straight again, with the condition that if they see any evidence that I am gay, that "You'eerre out!!". I however told them I am being my true self, it should not be forcibly changed, am actually in a relationship (they didn't know at first) and in response, that was that.

I don't know the exact day they blocked my number, but mid last year I was in Bexhill with my partner in an Italian restaurant before going to a gig at the De La Warr Pavillion. While there he said to me about wanting to block his parents numbers as they won't cut the strings with him. That gave me an idea and with that I dialled my parents numbers and the landline, with both immediately cutting out.

When we go on our trip, we are going to use his phone as a sat-nav on Google Maps, but with his parents numbers blocked, both on WhatsApp and the main phone.

New door hardware, ffs stop trying to reinvent the wheel. The electrician broke the key off in the lock because he’s an idiot, I told him to call the locksmith and just make up a new key. I get here and the locksmith has the whole unit torn apart, I’m losing my shit very rapidly here

Cheers mate, it means a lot and it still hurts. They also tried to get rid of my Lucy and Yak clothes as they called them "Gay clothes", by telling me to "snap out of being gay and get it out of your head". I love them and are part of my identity, just like my City shirts.

His father was a homophobic asshole also, but it's no excuse, especially since his best friend from schooldays has three children, two of them are gay and he's proud of them. The gay son likes men in their 50s, which his dad doesn't like very much, but is not letting it disown his own flesh and blood.

My parents did give me a second chance and told me to be straight again, with the condition that if they see any evidence that I am gay, that "You'eerre out!!". I however told them I am being my true self, it should not be forcibly changed, am actually in a relationship (they didn't know at first) and in response, that was that.

I don't know the exact day they blocked my number, but mid last year I was in Bexhill with my partner in an Italian restaurant before going to a gig at the De La Warr Pavillion. While there he said to me about wanting to block his parents numbers as they won't cut the strings with him. That gave me an idea and with that I dialled my parents numbers and the landline, with both immediately cutting out.

When we go on our trip, we are going to use his phone as a sat-nav on Google Maps, but with his parents numbers blocked, both on WhatsApp and the main phone.

FFS give you a second chance not to be gay, I know love is supposed to be unconditional but I wouldn't be as kind as you mate.

FWIW most people don't have views like that, hope you find some peace of mind in the shit situation you find yourself in through no fault of your own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.