Stupid little things that bug you

My Mrs will insist on watching something on the tele .when I had planned on watching something else. We then sit thru some tosh and she goes to bed 15 minutes before the end.
Last night she also insisted on watching the Queen at 9pm and 2 minutes into the speech went to the toilet.
She will also watch a film and have no idea what is going on. At both The Usual Suspects and Pulp Fiction, which we went to the cinema to see, she piped up 15 minutes before the end "do you know whats going on"

My Mrs will go to the bog and I'll say "do you want me to pause it" she says no, it's OK and then comes back downstairs and ask me if anything has happened.

Makes me want to throttle her.

The classic being the very sad Twin Towers tragedy. 9-11 ! The fact that there is a chain of supermarkets called 7-11 doesn't seem to bother them, it is the 11th of September you stupid colonial fuck wits.
?
7-11 markets were around long before 9-11 and have nothing to do with each other.
7-11 were the original hours they were open back in the day when everything else was closed, hence convenient store.

While we're on yank weirdness, can I throw in the way they have to pronounce the h in vehicle, changing the word to 3 syllables.
pronouncing a hard or soft H doesn't change the fact that vehicle is a 3 syllable word.
Being a canuck and a member of the Commonwealth of the Realm, I do not pronounce the h. ;)

Last edited:
pronouncing a hard or soft H doesn't change the fact that vehicle is a 3 syllable word.

Eh! You sure about that?

Veer - cul or are you going vee - er - cul

Last edited by a moderator:
A 14 minute Youtube video on "how to get a hand plane scary sharp in 90 seconds."

Just thought of another one. When my missus spends 5-10 minutes giving me detailed information about what happened in some shit TV programme that I didn't watch, and which I wouldn't watch if you paid me £20. My glazed expression betokening "You're mistaking me for someone who gives a shit" does not work, despite the supposed superior ability of women to detect non-verbal signals.

Just thought of another one. When my missus spends 5-10 minutes giving me detailed information about what happened in some shit TV programme that I didn't watch, and which I wouldn't watch if you paid me £20. My glazed expression betokening "You're mistaking me for someone who gives a shit" does not work, despite the supposed superior ability of women to detect non-verbal signals.
It's up there with them telling you about their dreams in great detail and expecting you to react like it's something that actually happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.