Stupid player sales

Even worse, iirc Hughes was replaced by Alfons Groenendijk, who was probably even worse than Holden

Yes It was the time when we thought every foreign player was technically better, Groenendijk, Ingebritsen (bar his hatrick against Leicester), Steffen Karl etc proved the theory wrong

Just checked the dates Holden arrived in July 1992, Hughes left in August 92 and Groenendijk arrived the following season. Apparently only 9 starts.

Last edited:
Ricky holden was so shit, he never realised we took the piss out of his name by chanting ' oh dicky holden".
He always waved back.

Another time, he left his ex club sponsored car outside the North stand ticket office. After a shite game we were still on our way out, he got so much shit that day. No one asked for his autograph.

Yes it was a shite sale of Hughes to swap him for Holden.

He actually really tried hard which normally worked with us, however in this circumstance his efforts most of the time proved less useful than useless.

And every time he played he looked so dishevelled, as if he had been on a 24 hour bender. I am probably doing him a disservice but I find it hard to believe he was a model professional.

I don't understand all this crying about zinner.

He was never a permanent fixture in the starting 11, he's a brilliant footballer, technically very good but please stop this talk that we've made a mistake.

If Arsenal aren't top of the league then this thread isn't here.
Isn’t that the point though? Selling him and Jesus (probably much moreso Jesus as he is the epitome of hard work and determination in the attacking third that Arsenal have been shown ‘this is how you do it, watch Gabi’ by Arteta, massively, and their whole squad has followed him) to Arsenal and not Atlético Madrid and Frankfurt (random examples).

It’s not that we should have kept them, we shouldn’t. Just not sell them to a Prem title rival.

Wynn Davis to the bloody rags in the early 70s, great header of the ball. Docherty did not like him at nited, said he was like Douglas Bader great in the air but no legs. Sick bastard !

Is selling Zinchenko, to a rival none the less, one of the dumbest sales this club has ever done, all things considered?

Discuss
Bloody hell, can we please give up on this. Fuck me, the amount of stick ZInch used to get on here!!!We are past the days of selling SWP being a complete disaster for any ambitions we had. We are a top team and whilst I've always admired Zinch we will live without him.

Isn’t that the point though? Selling him and Jesus (probably much moreso Jesus as he is the epitome of hard work and determination in the attacking third that Arsenal have been shown ‘this is how you do it, watch Gabi’ by Arteta, massively, and their whole squad has followed him) to Arsenal and not Atlético Madrid and Frankfurt (random examples).

It’s not that we should have kept them, we shouldn’t. Just not sell them to a Prem title rival.
That's a fair point but when we sold them Arsenal wasn't considered a rival at the beginning of the season, did they lose out on 4th place on the last day?

I mean if gabby and zinner have turned them from 5th place to league leaders they should be wearing capes and red underpants everytime they play.

The transformation and turn around of Arsenal is up there with Leicester's.

I was devastated when Dennis Tueart left
Yes, me too. Some players we sold seemed to have a lasting impact/like losing icons. Tueart was one, I know he was after the money but don't know why City did not fight tooth and nail to keep him. He was the stand out player for me once the King was crocked.
Francis was another as was Gio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.