Stupid player sales

I can't beleive we're doing this again.

Yes, he chose to leave...because Pep was very publicly chasing a £60m sack of shit for the LB position.

He didn't want to leave, he couldn't have made that any clearer than when he described leaving the club as a sad day he never wanted to happen...he wanted to stay so much he refused 2 previous attempts to sell him, but the manager stopped playing him even when Cancelo's form nose-dived again and then the club let everyone know they were after Cucurella.

In any other job, if someone stopped giving you any shifts, told everyone you were looking for new work, then hired someone to take all your old shifts you'd call it constructive dismissal. It's the definition of being forced out.

People keep trying to frame it as if he got bored of Manchester and told Pep out of the blue he was leaving and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him because it's a fantasy that rids the club and Pep of any wrongdoing.
We’re probably “doing this again” as you won’t accept anyone else’s view, which is fine, but you’re wrong and my post was accurate.

It also appears that my view is the majority which doesn’t necessarily make it accurate but may explain why you’re frustrated.

Yes, me too. Some players we sold seemed to have a lasting impact/like losing icons. Tueart was one, I know he was after the money but don't know why City did not fight tooth and nail to keep him. He was the stand out player for me once the King was crocked.
Francis was another as was Gio.
I'll agree about Tueart and Francis but Gio was never going to play in the third division.

I think it was correct to let Zinchenko go if he wanted to. And I think it's only with hindsight that we're now calling Arsenal rivals. Our mistake is that I don't think Zinchenko would have asked to leave if he felt properly valued. His annual reward for digging us out of the shit for the final 10-15 games of a season was to start next season on the bench again. Also, as many have mentioned, he was a real presence in the dressing room and a real fighter. We wouldn't have turned that Villa game around without him that's for sure. I still remember watching him during that game willing the team on after Villa's second goal went in while other players (Cancelo for one) had dropped to their haunches. He's clearly been a really valuable addition to Arsenal's squared in terms of experience and mentality.

David Wagstaffe.
His sale was so unpopular that it was done over Christmas in the hope that nobody would notice.
Oh, and years later Nicky Reid.

We’re probably “doing this again” as you won’t accept anyone else’s view, which is fine, but you’re wrong and my post was accurate.

It also appears that my view is the majority which doesn’t necessarily make it accurate but may explain why you’re frustrated.

He is right thought. It couldn't have been more clear that Zinchenko wanted to stay.

I know you didn't rate him and weren't arsed about seeing him leave but the reality is that the club dropped a massive fucking bollock when it came to handling the situation.

What you posted was popular because it paints City in a good light and this is a City forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.