Sturridge to leave City? [Merged]

A real shame this, he will go on to be one of England's best strikers in years to come and probably has more potential than any other player from our academy. Scored goals at every level, chipped in with assists, links up brilliantly with Stevie and Robby, skillful, fast, good passer and excellent vision, great shot on him and proved what a good player he is in the few chances he has had this season, which everyone agreed with until the contract rumours. He also said earlier this season he wants to be at City for years, but then the stupid fans brigade believe the Sun and other shite like that and start booing him at games and that before they know the facts so it's not surprising he's off. Yeah he might be asking for silly money but until people know the facts, we should be supporting the players not getting on his back. Clearly rated highly by a lot of other top clubs with Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa etc... all interested.

Will be a massive loss, and it should have been sorted out ages ago tbh, if he is holding out for stupid money then I agree, we shouldn't give in to him and he should have to deserve it like Ireland but none of us know what's really going on with the contract. Ah well though we still have Benjani, Vassell, Caicedo and Evans.

I wonder who the next top player, our moronic fans will get rid of.

Daniel Sturridge said:
A real shame this, he will go on to be one of England's best strikers in years to come and probably has more potential than any other player from our academy. Scored goals at every level, chipped in with assists, links up brilliantly with Stevie and Robby, skillful, fast, good passer and excellent vision, great shot on him and proved what a good player he is in the few chances he has had this season, which everyone agreed with until the contract rumours. He also said earlier this season he wants to be at City for years, but then the stupid fans brigade believe the Sun and other shite like that and start booing him at games and that before they know the facts so it's not surprising he's off. Yeah he might be asking for silly money but until people know the facts, we should be supporting the players not getting on his back. Clearly rated highly by a lot of other top clubs with Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa etc... all interested.

Will be a massive loss, and it should have been sorted out ages ago tbh, if he is holding out for stupid money then I agree, we shouldn't give in to him and he should have to deserve it like Ireland but none of us know what's really going on with the contract. Ah well though we still have Benjani, Vassell, Caicedo and Evans.

More to the point, you're gonna have to change your user-name ;-)

IF Sturridge has decided that he doesn't want to play for us then so what?
He's at a club on a huge upward curve,and if he works hard,keeps injury-free and his head down wil surely get his chance.
He's surely not ready to play every week at either Villa or Chelsea?

IFhe can't see that,then that's his problem.

I used to watch him in the youth team when he played up front with Kelvin Etuhu.I always used to think that they both had talent to burn...but they both lacked "something...."

I think that Sturridge has all the footballing ability needed to be a top player.
But he lacks the passion,motivation and application to make it happen.
He's a big-head.Plain and simple.

He's recieved a lot of support and admiration over the last couple of seasons from City fans.

The "celebration" of his last goal said it all to me.

Cheesy said:
Daniel Sturridge said:

More to the point, you're gonna have to change your user-name ;-)
I know, why do you think i'm making such a big deal about it. ;)

Haha, nah seriously though I stick by what I said.

Goater666 said:
He's clearly motivated by money, he has A LOT to prove before being paid top wack.

The lads obviously got the wrong attitude and we are well shut of him.

do you think if we'd offered bellamy the same money that he was on at west ham that he'd have come?

Daniel Sturridge said:

The fans haven't got rid of Sturridge, his over inflated ego has seen to that.

badge said:
Goater666 said:
He's clearly motivated by money, he has A LOT to prove before being paid top wack.

do you think if we'd offered bellamy the same money that he was on at west ham that he'd have come?

Bellamy is a proven Premiership goalscorer.
I didn't like the fact that we signed him,but I've eaten big humble pie... and reservations about him apart,I well understand why a player that has played Champions league football is worth more money than a kid who's barely played 10 games.

RobbieBrewer said:
badge said:
Goater666 said:

Bellamy is a proven Premiership goalscorer.
I didn't like the fact that we signed him,but I've eaten big humble pie... and reservations about him apart,I well understand why a player that has played Champions league football is worth more money than a kid who's barely played 10 games.

proven to score an average of 7.11 premiership goals per season. is that good enough?

stony said:
Daniel Sturridge said:

The fans haven't got rid of Sturridge, his over inflated ego has seen to that.
I'll admit he does have a big ego but so do so many other top players at the big clubs, as long as he does the goods on the pitch, which considering his age, he has done, especially more than the average 19 year old. So many blues liked Anelka and would still have him back, he has one of the biggest ego's in the whole league. You have to accept that some quality players might actually be a bit of a **** but accept it for there talent.

Sturridge looks potentially a very exciting talent. Only if he has the desire though, i'm not sure he wants it enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.