Sturridge to leave City? [Merged]

CHT said:
Bellamy is a 30 year old injury prone , very average goalscorer , he cost us £14m and untold wages , in less than 2 years he will be finished as a top flight player . Sturridge has the potential to go to the top if managed properly and yet people on here think its great were going to lose him for nothing ??? Very short sighted and very odd , but hey dont worry weve got Ched Evans and he works hard , give me strength .

I think short sighted and odd is an interesting way of putting it

Over the 2 year time frame that you've put on Bellamy we'll be signing better and better players

Danny may make it but then again he may not

but Very short sighted and very odd this is not ...... The club had a wage deal for the kid he turned it down we came back with a final offer which he once again turned it down

longer term the club were not prepared to pay a prospect like Danny what he wanted and as a result the next few generations of young player will not be asking for the silly wage way above what the should be earning to match good old Danny as we did not give Danny what he wanted.

nickson71 said:
CHT said:
Bellamy is a 30 year old injury prone , very average goalscorer , he cost us £14m and untold wages , in less than 2 years he will be finished as a top flight player . Sturridge has the potential to go to the top if managed properly and yet people on here think its great were going to lose him for nothing ??? Very short sighted and very odd , but hey dont worry weve got Ched Evans and he works hard , give me strength .

I think short sighted and odd is an interesting way of putting it

Over the 2 year time frame that you've put on Bellamy we'll be signing better and better players

Danny may make it but then again he may not

but Very short sighted and very odd this is not ...... The club had a wage deal for the kid he turned it down we came back with a final offer which he once again turned it down

Fully understand your point and agree with a lot of it but How many players have and will we bring in on ridiculous transfer fees and wages , were reportedly paying someone 93000 a week who was a reserve full back ......Forwards with talent dont grow on trees , Ched Evans cant be taught what Sturridge has but the right manager may be able to get the best out of Sturridge and make him apply himself like Evans does. Granted hes giving it the big time charlie routine but i for one would give him lets say 50,000 for 2 years then see where were at , no transfer fee to be paid so in effect thats only the equivalent of buying Tel Ben Haim .................Furthermore How much is Jo earning? and he is totally unproven as well as this level .

longer term the club were not prepared to pay a prospect like Danny what he wanted and as a result the next few generations of young player will not be asking for the silly wage way above what the should be earning to match good old Danny as we did not give Danny what he wanted.

danny's still got enormous potential, but despite one or two shining moments he hasnt made the most of his 1st team opportunities this year.

i can see both sides of the issue when it comes to his new contract. he was let down by the club when they didnt sign him last summer. admittedly there were other things for the administration to worry about and huge changes, but that's not danny's fault. i've heard so many conflicting stories of what's happened on this issue since the beginning of the season, i really don't know wether the club snubbed him, or made every move possible to keep him happy and get the contract signed. perhaps the truth is that the club did try, but it was never a real priority, and danny's advisers realised that by letting time pass their (financial) bargaining position strengthened. he is going to be in demand by other clubs, that is a fact, yet there is absolutely no justification for the club to offer him over 50k a week, especially as his year has been hampered by injury once again, and he has not proved his worth to the first team squad as much as he might have.

i think it's unfortunate that his advisers and club officials haven't managed the story better. his demands seem arrogant, and the club hasn't found a way to play down the issue. it looks like the hostility he receives on these boards may be the a sign that his time at the club is over, which is a great shame, as this kid has had me dreaming of what might be for a couple of years now.

the financial demands are one thing, but my concern is that this is not someone who is prepared to keep their head down and focus on their work. ok, it's fair to say that arrogance can be a useful trait in talented strikers, but my feeling is that our club cannot afford to acomodate it at the moment, especially in someone who has not delivered on a regular basis.

mat said:
JamesTenOne said:
I'll be sad to see him go. I know he hasn't done much to endear himself to the fans but we shouldn't be letting any of our young talent leave. Whether he'll succeed or fail at the top nobody knows, but I'd prefer find out with him playing for City rather than one of our rivals.

Bimingham City a rival....???

Are Birmingham City offering him more than we did?

JamesTenOne said:
mat said:
JamesTenOne said:
I'll be sad to see him go. I know he hasn't done much to endear himself to the fans but we shouldn't be letting any of our young talent leave. Whether he'll succeed or fail at the top nobody knows, but I'd prefer find out with him playing for City rather than one of our rivals.

Bimingham City a rival....???

Are Birmingham City offering him more than we did?

he's out of contract and has to take whatwvers aviliable.

Can't see Villa or anyone else offering him much either.

This is a novel idea and all, but maybe he is after first team football?

As one of the posters who had previously said to sign him up and pay him, I am getting a bit tired of the malarkey! Either he puts pen to paper or he will find him self playing for some second tier club, at best, or learning his trade and getting a place every now and again at a much better club. However, if he thinks he is going to walk in and command top dollar from another Prem club AND walk into their first team, he is being ill-advised. I refer to a previous poster, who stated it quite eloquently "he has scored some good goals but he is not a good goal scorer" YET! Ask 1,000,000 strikers if they would like to earn a few million quid to learn at the feet of one of the Premier League's greatest ever strikers AND play for the richest club in the world, and 999,999 of 'em take your hand off. Maybe Sturridge believes his own press that he IS 1 in a million?!

CHT said:

So what would you rather have....let's bend over and let the club get shafted by every kid who's got a crafty agent and "looks good" in case XYZ club want to sign him?
Weiss looks at least as good a prospect as Sturridge.
He's not ready for the first team either.He knows it.

We simply have to have a concept of "bide your time" at the club to the young players or total anarchy will preail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.